New here from Maryland

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jsquier91

Reaction score
My Car
73 mach 1
351W bored .30 over, 408 stroker, probe forged flat top pistons, forged H-beam rods, main gurdle, AFR 205 heads, harland sharp rocker arms, edelbrock performer intake, 750 carb.
Hey everyone nice to finally join the site after reading everyones builds, I live in northern MD in Harford County,i work at a family business and paint cars full time in a body shop, bought my car when i was 18 and now being 21 i have the motor and tranny finished, working on welding in subframe connectors some body work and etc. i just posted about my engine bay color so if anyone has some opinions and pictures that would be great. thanks everyone and ill start a build thread in a little while when things slow down.

Jake[/align]

Welcome to the club, Jake, from northern Nevada. Glad to have you here!

I recall a discussion about engine bay color in a thread from a couple years ago. I'll see if I can track it down.

thanks everyone and its a73

121412 036.JPG121412 038.JPG

Welcome !!!

I have posted on this subject before. In my opinion, I prefer the car color under the hood because the flat black just looks unfinished & blah. I also like the ability to wash & wax if required.

I believe my pictures will speak for themselves !!!

Thanks, Jay

is your paint code 4Q? i love that color i did a spray out card of that before and its my original color, ive also been considering that, do you have any other pics of your car? thanks

Hi Jake and welcome from sunny Queensland, Australia.

I'm a pro Auto Spraypainter myself, so if you ever want to share ideas, look me up.

All the best,

Greg:)

Welcome !!!

I have posted on this subject before. In my opinion, I prefer the car color under the hood because the flat black just looks unfinished & blah. I also like the ability to wash & wax if required.

Thanks, Jay
Hi Jay,

That's an interesting look you've got there with the green body color and blue engine block finish. Looks quite classy indeed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Jake and welcome from sunny Queensland, Australia.

I'm a pro Auto Spraypainter myself, so if you ever want to share ideas, look me up.

All the best,

Welcome !!!

Thanks, Jay
Hi Jay,

That's an interesting look you've got there with the green body color and blue engine block finish. Looks quite classy indeed.

Greg,

Yes it is 4Q shown in the photos. The motor is 1930's Ford washington blue.

My 73 Mach 1 is a work in progress and I started from the firewall up.

The front supension, frame rails & aprons were completed along with brakes, motor install, etc. I will forward some other photos of the progress tomorrow.

Thanks, Jay

Welcome from Chesapeake VA!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back