Anyone a fan of the mustang II's?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mchandford

Reaction score
My Car
'71 Mustang Mach 1 "M" Code. 351C and 4 speed toploader.
78 Mustang 2 for sale. 2.8 liter v6. automatic. needs tranny pan gasket and master cylinder. runs fine besides that. lookin to get 750 for it or best offer. only selling because I need the money to make it to payday. willing to take payments.

Coeur D alene, ID

427615_394151894007395_231239829_n.jpg

78 Mustang 2 for sale. 2.8 liter v6. automatic. needs tranny pan gasket and master cylinder. runs fine besides that. lookin to get 750 for it or best offer. only selling because I need the money to make it to payday. willing to take payments.

Coeur D alene, ID
I had that exact car in High school. That blue was a special order. Mine even had the same color interior, but was a 2.3L with a four speed. If I didn't have a King Cobra .....

Sorry I guess I didn't post that very well. It was actually a copy/paste from a local Facebook page that is a yard sale here in Coeur D alene, ID. I am not selling it. I was just putting it out there in case anyone was a fan and was interested. I think the guy has lowered his price to 650, so for that much it looks and sounds like a pretty good deal.

Coeur D alene, ID
Only when Charlie's Angels were in one!

I'm A II fan. I would give that one a look for sure. I had 74-2.8 75-302 and 77-2.3. The 75 and 77 were good cars but the 74 just would not stay running.:-/
whats wrong with the 74's? cant stop my poor old beast from runing..and its been sitting for 15 years under a tree..hehe

Like them my self thou..Good little cars...And can look great fixed up

I'm A II fan. I would give that one a look for sure. I had 74-2.8 75-302 and 77-2.3. The 75 and 77 were good cars but the 74 just would not stay running.:-/
whats wrong with the 74's? cant stop my poor old beast from runing..and its been sitting for 15 years under a tree..hehe

That is awesome! That is the kind of car you like to hold onto.

I have a 1978 Mach1 , with a nice V8 AT combo.

It drives like a champ , those cars are realy fast with a V8.

I prefer the older stangs , but IIs are realy nice vehicles for city trips.

JB

I have a 1978 Mach1 , with a nice V8 AT combo.
Think you could spare a photo of it for public domain/Wikipedia? We need to make that Mustang II section in the Mach 1 category look a bit better - doesn't even have a photo.

-Kurt

I do like the V8, Cobra II's, esp since you dont see many anymore. I would have liked to picked this one up when it was for sale a while back.

f157_12.jpg

That is awesome! That is the kind of car you like to hold onto.
Wish i didnt have too many projects...lol...Only reason im not driving that one around right now...From sitting for so long..The clutch is locked up...I even stuck it up on blocks and put it into gear and tried to break them loose..trans works fine...But only one issue...It has a rare 4 speed in it...called a borg warner RAD 4 speed...Which has dif cutt gears in it than any previous ford trans...It is the grand father of the tremic....But the damn thing has no inspection plate...And unlike the pinto trans..this one is all aluminum....To get it too drive...Im going to have to pull the motor and everything :(

Last edited by a moderator:

There is nothing wrong with 74s. My brother had a 74 V6 Mach 1 he drove for years. The one I had was just worn out. I would get it running and driving then something would crap out,it was just done.:cool:

Coeur D alene, ID
If I wasn't leaving for holidays tomorrow on a cruise (yes it's carnival) I'd be all over that for my 16 yr old!

I emailed the guy for more pics and he said he'd send them. Then I checked to see how far the drive would be...2500 miles back to Mobile. That sucks because I was really considering it. I'll post the pics if he sends them.

I like them, they are a cool looking little car. I have been looking for a black n gold cobra II for a while. with a warm 300+hpproberly closer to 330hp, 302w and a five speed trans, it would be a real fun car to drive, But I'm looking at going in another direction now useing a 1966 2dr falcon sprint with the same set up. But restored to look like the Australia Gold XR GT,1966=1967. which was a 4dr sedan only here in OZ..

Back