71-73 Mustangs in movies and tv?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RocketFoot

Stangin' ain't easy but somebody gotta do it!
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mach 1
What a list! I was on page 5 before I found the Diamonds are Forever car--was starting to wonder. That website sure has a big list!

The Funny Car Summer photos reminded me of a pic I need to upload here--I found a body for one in Modesto a few years back.

yes but a lot of movies they dont have also like the blue grande in "Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby" its in the beginning when as a kid he steals the car as he drives onto the free way the car that skids to miss him is a 71-73 grande.

What a list! I was on page 5 before I found the Diamonds are Forever car--was starting to wonder. That website sure has a big list!

The Funny Car Summer photos reminded me of a pic I need to upload here--I found a body for one in Modesto a few years back.
lol I was thinking the same thing! I figured that Diamonds are forever would have been one of the first one's listed with a 71 .

Ken

WEAK!!!!!!! Didn't I already give you guys the mega list of all lists for our cars? No love? WASTED! Anyhow, here's another for you vert brothers. See if your imbdc has this on their list LOL!:

http://www.marathonpetroleum.com/Stations_and_Stores/Advertising_and_Promotions/2010_Summer_30_Second_Spot/

You can add:

Geico "Dogs chase Cats"

Desert Car Kings ... Season 1 Episode 3 1962 Ford Galaxie

Marathon Petroleum "Fueling the American Spirit"

Last edited by a moderator:
WEAK!!!!!!! Didn't I already give you guys the mega list of all lists for our cars? No love? WASTED! Anyhow, here's another for you vert brothers. See if your imbdc has this on their list LOL!:

http://www.marathonpetroleum.com/Stations_and_Stores/Advertising_and_Promotions/2010_Summer_30_Second_Spot/

You can add:

Geico "Dogs chase Cats"

Credit is always given where due! Check the Cinema page!

http://www.7173mustangs.com/misc.php?page=cinema

I gotta update your list with the new stuff, though!

For you Coupe brothers! Watched another movie called "Crackers" Made in 1984 with Donald Sutherland, Sean Penn, and Wallace Shawn. Very nice Blue Coupe with what appears to be black vinyl top parked on the side of the road and gets pretty good air time on the show.

Also, watched this a while ago and thought for sure it was on the list but it's not, so add "To live and Die in LA" 1985 with my man William Dafoe

Gold Coupe making a left hand turn on a 4way stoplight

You can add:

Geico "Dogs chase Cats"

You got to remember there are a lot of old guys here that have CRS (can't remember sh-t) :s

Awesome. I saw a black FB in some movie that I think hasd Mel Gibson in it once while channel flipping; not sure that made it onto this list because I don't know what the movie was.

Awesome. I saw a black FB in some movie that I think hasd Mel Gibson in it once while channel flipping; not sure that made it onto this list because I don't know what the movie was.
If your talking about Mad Max it's a falcon :whistling: :lollerz

In July, I found two more movies for our Coupe members, well, I back again with two more for our VERT members :D

Please add:

Cinema Verite 2011 staring Tim Robbins the ever gorgeous Diane Lane. Couple of minutes into the movie shows a green '73 w/ tan vert top.

American Pickers "Keep Out" Towards the end of the show when they sell the two Ford signs.

See the blue vert in the background? :)

1687v28.jpg

Our cars are rock the big screen unlike any other!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :banana:[/align]

Sorry to dig up such an old thread, but I got the bug to watch 'The Highlander' last night and noticed a '73 Mach 1 in the parking garage right as MacLeod was going down there to confront Fasil.

I thought I'd made this 'big discovery,' and was going to point it out here... but then I looked on the IMDB link Barry provided in the original post, and there it was on the last page of 'results.'

What it does prove to me (once again) is how little we tend to notice such things when we're not paying attention, and how they seem to pop-up everywhere when our interest is piqued.

Back