New Mustang Owner

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ishootstuff

Reaction score
My Car
1972 Mustang Convertible
OK, not totally new... I had a 93 2.3 for about a month, but lets not count that.

It's a 72 convertible, 302 auto. I picked it up a couple weeks ago and haven't done anything with it yet. The title shows 10,000 original miles - but I have a hard time believing it. I have the original engine (supposedly), but it's not installed in the car and missing a lot of little parts. I'm swapping in a newer 5.0 EFI setup with an AOD. Once it moves under it's own power, I'll start to work on making it look nice.

stangontrailer.jpg

Here is the donor car I got yesterday. 89 Lincoln Town Car 5.0 with 80k. $600 for the car. Runs great, moves under its own power. It just has a popped a freeze plug.

tcontrailer.jpg

engineintc.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome from Calif!

Looks like great find(s). The 71-73 converts look awesome.

Btw, gas is cheep in AZ at $3.49.

Regular 87 is now $4.05 at the "no name" stations in San Jose.

Welcome.

I had my eye on that car and saw that it moved pretty quickly.

I will be looking forward to seeing you accomplish your dream.
Cool. So you saw it on craigslist huh? I'm pretty sure I was the first one to get out and take a look at it. He got a couple calls on it while I was checking it out, but he was kind enough to wait for me to bring him the cash the following day.

I'm actually building this for my stepfather, but it will get stored at my house, so... ;)

I have always liked this body style better than the others, and especially the convertible with the Ram Air hood. I decided to go EFI because my step-father has no mechanical aptitude, so I just need it to work - all temperatures, all elevations, any day.

The hardest part for me will be leaving it "slow". I put a V10 in my F150, turbo charged my Lexus, and even built myself a mobility scooter that does wheelies - but that stuff is for the other forums.

Thanks for all the warm welcomes!

Welcome from Calif!

Looks like great find(s). The 71-73 converts look awesome.

Btw, gas is cheep in AZ at $3.49.

Regular 87 is now $4.05 at the "no name" stations in San Jose.
Yeah, any time I visit California, I always fill up at the AZ border! Too bad none of my vehicles take 87.

Last edited by a moderator:
Cool. So you saw it on craigslist huh? I'm pretty sure I was the first one to get out and take a look at it. He got a couple calls on it while I was checking it out, but he was kind enough to wait for me to bring him the cash the following day.

I'm actually building this for my stepfather, but it will get stored at my house, so... ;)

I have always liked this body style better than the others, and especially the convertible with the Ram Air hood. I decided to go EFI because my step-father has no mechanical aptitude, so I just need it to work - all temperatures, all elevations, any day.

The hardest part for me will be leaving it "slow". I put a V10 in my F150, turbo charged my Lexus, and even built myself a mobility scooter that does wheelies - but that stuff is for the other forums.

Thanks for all the warm welcomes!
Yes, I saw it on the list but I was not in a position to do anything. It sure looked like it held nice possibilities!

Of course it can still be made to have some sleeper power with a supercharger or the like.

Welcome from coastal Alabama! Looks like you've got a great plan!

We do like hearing about other projects - just post those projects in the other vehicles heading and it's all good. I'm looking forward to the turbo Lexus pics. ;)

Hi from TriCities WA. Always wanted a convertible. Used to live not far from Tucson and it's the perfect climate for that car. I've always liked the SW and may retire there someday. Good luck on the project.

-jbojo

::welcome::Welcome to the site from Northern Illinois. I hate you guys from the south with all that nice weather !:p Looks like your trailer is getting a nice workout !!!! :D

Back