Shock Tower replacement

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jsquier91

Reaction score
My Car
73 mach 1
351W bored .30 over, 408 stroker, probe forged flat top pistons, forged H-beam rods, main gurdle, AFR 205 heads, harland sharp rocker arms, edelbrock performer intake, 750 carb.
Hello everyone im working on replacing the bottom corner of my left shock tower where the steering is at, i recently bought a 73 mustang as a parts car and it has a good conditon shock tower, is it possible for me to cut out that bottom corner of the tower with the motor still in that car? thanks everyone

X's 3 I won't say you can't, but on the lower corners you have multiple angles and curves, plus on the back side you have a support bracket for the control arm. Getting to all the places to cut and weld would be a nightmare and maybe impossible.

I had to rebuild mine, cause back then I couldnt find any except for out west and they wanted $450.00 plus shipping, anyhow I wouldn't have even thought about it in the car. But maybe mine was worse than yours. GOOD LUCK!!!

Back