Centerline wheels

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mach123

Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mustang mach 1
Hey everyone, i have kinda been searching my local cragslist for wheels for my 71 mach and honestly im having mixed emotions on a set of centerline wheels that i found. I have been looking for a set of American Racing Torque thusts but havent really been sucessful. anyways if anyone runs them, or has seen them on a 71-73 please post up a picture so i can make a better judement call. I really like the wheels, however i am having a really hard time invisioning them. please feel free to leave comments about them and what your opinions are. and please as i said, post pictures if there is any imformation i shuld know.

http://cosprings.craigslist.org/pts/3524312733.html

Actual Torque Thrusts, or Torque Thrust "D"? Torque Thrust 2? Torque Thrust M? Gotta be more specific.

There are a couple of cars on this site with Torque Thrusts, and Torque Thrust-like wheels. I'm actually planning either Torque Thrust Ds, or some [very similar] Rocket wheels myself.

1971-ford-mustang-mach-1.jpg

Except that I prefer 15" wheels with more sidewall (old school):

mdmp_1005_04_o+1971_ford_mustang_mach_1+side_view.jpg

Mine will be in Light Pewter, of course (hence the Photoshopped version in my signature pic).

I've got the American Racing Torque Thrust II on my 72 Mach, 18x9.5 on the back with 275x40 tyres and 18x8 on the front with 245x40 tyres. I think it looks good and matches well with the blue paint..

SDC11426 - Copy.JPG

Yea the Torque thursts are the ones im wanting, with the powder grey center and polished lip. But as i said i am having a hard time finding them in my price range. that is why i am looking at the Torque thursters from centerline, the ones in the link.

Yea the Torque thursts are the ones im wanting, with the powder grey center and polished lip. But as i said i am having a hard time finding them in my price range. that is why i am looking at the Torque thursters from centerline, the ones in the link.
My thoughts would be unless you need them right now, keep looking because something will come along. If you settle for something you are not sure about you will always wonder what if.....but on the other hand you can always change them in the fiture and selll those. Just my thoughts

IMG_1028.JPGIMG_1043.JPGHere you go. When I first got the car I threw on a couple of sets of Centerlines I had in the garage. The first are 15" Auto/drags and the second are the 17" billets. The third are my 20" Fooses that were slated for the car once the suspension was dialed in.

Oops. Here it is with the 20's. Have to say that 17" wheels may be the best all around diameter for our 'Stangs. IMO.

IMG_1940.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's a set of Torque Thrust D's with the gun metal grey inside and machined lip. They are 15". They are what i always wanted and saved up to get exactly what i wanted. I too like the old school 15" look. Let me know if you need any other pics up close or something I might have some more somewhere.

34j832h.png

Hi Turtle. Your Mach looks great with the wheels. I like!

Here's one I like
I really like that silver car and its profile. The lack of the lower stripe on the '71 is the same as my car as well. Seems to clean it up a bit.

Hey everyone, i have kinda been searching my local cragslist for wheels for my 71 mach and honestly im having mixed emotions on a set of centerline wheels...
Please don't take this the wrong way, but I just saw photos of your Mach in the gallery - and the original dog dish centers mixed with those slightly smaller aftermarket trim rings look absolutely stunning!

photo%20%281%29.JPG

You'd have to pry those off over my cold dead body if it were my car. Only thing I'd do is paint the rims blue to match the body, but either way - that look gets my heart pounding just a bit faster :D

-Kurt

Yup, I gotta admit that the dog dish rims look kinda sexy. Although I am a sucker for 5-spokes it just seems that everybody out there has them. Not that that fact would keep me from running them on mine too but the dog dishes are different.

Depends on the car. A Mopar with dog dishes is to die for!!

For what it's worth, here's what mine used to look like with the classic TT "D" in 7x15 inch and 255/60/15.

va2u5uve.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
if your looking for wheels and tires check this web sight- performance plus tire & automotive superstore in long beach ca. free shipping and no state sales tax out side of ca. they have lots of tire and wheel packages .

Back