Charlotte Hotel Reservations

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
72 Mach 1 H-Code (Concourse)
67 GT S-Code 4sp
An attempt is being made to obtain a group discount at a hotel close to the Charlotte Motor Speedway for the 50th Anniversary. I have placed a call to the Hampton Inn in the Charlotte 2014 posting.

http://www.7173mustangs.com/thread-charlotte-2014

We need to get a firm number of rooms to request for the best discount and to see if that hotel has availability. As of today 02/21/13 from the Charlotte 2014 post I have the following interest:

Member Room(s)

Bkdunha 2 Wednesday - Sunday

TNfastback 1 Wednesday - Sunday

Ole Pony 1 Wendesday - Sunday

73stangcoupe 1 Thursday - Sunday

Droptop 1 Friday - Sunday

Vertstang73 1

73Mach 1 Man 1

Madwevl 1 Friday - Sunday

Mweeps 2

Bill73ragtop 1 Wednesday - Sunday

Mark73 1 Friday

Mister 4x4 1 Thursday - Saturday

VaMach 1 Thursday - Monday

Classicguy 1

Rpm carter ??

Army fox ??

Thetoolman ??

If you could please respond to the estimate I have here and let me know if it is correct for you. If you are not on this listing, but plan to attend please let us know ASAP so we can include you in the count.

Last edited by a moderator:
Rooms or occupants?

1 Room/2 occupants for me, please. :D

Be advised that IF my car's not driveable (I'm not as concerned with 'pretty' at this point), I probably won't be there. But for now, I'm planning on making the trip.

I'm in. 1 room - 2 occupants. I assume we can get some leeway ( 2 bed Queen / 1 bed King; non - smoking, etc) once you can arrange for a block of rooms.

Hopefully a PM to home emails can be issued once available so everyone can respond to the block reservation ASAP

Good News. I spoke with the Group Sales coordinator for the Hampton Inn closest to the speedway in Charlotte. I have indicated dates of Tuesday, April 15 - Monday, April 21, 2014 as our window for rooms. He has indicated that he will work on prices for us and send some information to me later today. I will post information to this posting either later today or tomorrow with the details. I would encourage everyone to seriously consider your plans and if going make your reservations now. From what I have seen on the net many Mustang clubs from the Mississippi River east have their forums all a buzz with group reservation planning. A local contact I have who is on the board of MCA indicated they have not finalized hotel plans for posting on MCA's site yet. I will keep everyone posted.

Hotel Link:

http://hamptoninn3.hilton.com/en/hotels/north-carolina/hampton-inn-and-suites-concord-charlotte-CLTKGHX/index.html

I think we have some flexability on the dates for booking your own individual room. I justed wanted to keep as much of a window open as possible for folks coming in at different times. I will post up anything received from Hampton Inn.

Here is the info. from Hampton Inn & Suites Concord, NC.

It was a pleasure speaking with you. We would love to host your group next April. I attached some information about our property and location but I wanted to mention a couple things as well. As well as our hot breakfast each morning we also host a manager’s reception in the evening. The reception consists of complimentary, hot snacks (chicken tenders, pulled pork, hamburgers, or quesadillas) and drinks (beer, wine, and soda). The drinks are complimentary on Sunday-Thursday and only a dollar on Friday and Saturday.

Regarding our rates I know I mentioned that our official rates haven’t been constructed just yet but I believe we could quote you group a rate of $119 for the Wednesday, Thursday, and Sunday night and $149 for Friday and Saturday for standard king or double queen rooms. We could also offer suites for $139 and $169 respectively. I hope this is helpful information and please do not hesitate to contact me if you need anything else at all. Have a great weekend!

Now we need to decide if we are comfortable enough with this quote to have them set aside a block of rooms for us?

Regarding our rates I know I mentioned that our official rates haven’t been constructed just yet but I believe we could quote you group a rate of $119 for the Wednesday, Thursday, and Sunday night and $149 for Friday and Saturday for standard king or double queen rooms. We could also offer suites for $139 and $169 respectively. I hope this is helpful information and please do not hesitate to contact me if you need anything else at all. Have a great weekend!

Now we need to decide if we are comfortable enough with this quote to have them set aside a block of rooms for us?
Seems to be a fair price for a Hampton Inn.

It was a pleasure speaking with you. We would love to host your group next April. I attached some information about our property and location but I wanted to mention a couple things as well. As well as our hot breakfast each morning we also host a manager’s reception in the evening. The reception consists of complimentary, hot snacks (chicken tenders, pulled pork, hamburgers, or quesadillas) and drinks (beer, wine, and soda). The drinks are complimentary on Sunday-Thursday and only a dollar on Friday and Saturday.

I think that is a fair price for a Hampton Inn, especially since it includes the Managers reception. I think it would be hard to find hotels much cheaper when such a large event is taking place. I wonder if the hotels have gotten the word yet about the Mustang celebration.

So, do we need some more consensus here before we start making reservations at the group rate?

I would prefer to get a majority of those who have expressed an interest to agree with these rates. If we can get some responses this weekend I will go ahead and request the rooms. Not 100% sure what Hampton needs to set aside the rooms. Typically when I did this for my kids sports tournaments all it required was us confirming the need for the rooms and then each person calling in their reservation needs. A couple of questions I woud like to have answered to set the rooms aside:

What is the consensus on days needed?

The mix of king or double rooms?

Thank you,

Did he mention is that total price, if not what is the tax rate? The reason I bring this up is in Pigeon Forge besides the sales tax there is an additional 12% hotel tax.

But I'm in for a king

Arrive Wed

Thurs

Friday

Sat

Leave Sun morning

Did he mention is that total price, if not what is the tax rate? The reason I bring this up is in Pigeon Forge besides the sales tax there is an additional 12% hotel tax.

But I'm in for a king

Arrive Wed

Thurs

Friday

Sat

Leave Sun morning
As the resident SA.... need clarification.

Not sure if you are paying or collecting

the " KING " tax ???? :D:D:D:D

In my experience with 15+ years of MCA National events, these are pretty decent rates. Taxes will be added so that is a given. As I recall, the rates for the 40th were about the same you are seeing from this place. I would recommend blocking for everyone signed up plus a few more. Get the blocking code for the group and everyone makes their own reservation on their own credit cards; any rooms left after 30 days of the initial blocking date can be released back to the general public. Let's face it, by the end of the year, 90% of anything within reasonable distance of the event will be sold out.

The way gas prices are rising, a hotel room may be the least of expenses for any of us traveling 700+ miles...

BTW: that location looks ideal !!

Back