Mustang Artwork

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

murstang

Reaction score
My Car
1972 Mustang Convertible
IMG_1942.JPG5.jpgHey guys. Its been a while since I posted. My poor Mustang has had to take a back seat to life as work has taken me out of town for extended periods of time as well as another project. But I woke her up from a long slumber and getting ready for spring. Hopefully getting in some quality drive time this summer. For a little motivation I drew up this rendering to give me a little kick start. This all brings me to the idea of a new thread if that’s ok with all of you. I have seen that there is some very good artwork finding its way onto this site so how about a thread showing what you all can do. Whether its hand drawn, computer renderings or cartoons let’s see them. There is some amazing talent out there. I’ll start with mine to get the ball rolling.

Impressive drawing. Nice Mustang as well. I like the way you gave the car that little curl at the rear. Looks almost like a stock spoiler. I can't draw well at all, but I'd love to see this thread go somewhere.

Did this in high school. It's ink.

IMG_1934.jpg

Hey murstang, besides the fact that I love your car, that rendering is absolutely stunning! I'm really impressed!

Heres an oil painting of my car i have hanging in the garage. A friend of my parents did it for me a couple years ago. I think its pretty cool. He even has my rims and lettering on the tires right! Pretty tough with oil paints.

53mys0.png

Thats really cool guys, I love the car-toons.Would like to have one done of mine ,but most of the Pro-guys are soo expensive & I'm no artist. :cool:

6.jpg Great to see your artwork guys. I'll add another. How about building the California Special that Ford never did. Got a little crazy with the metal work by eliminating the flying butresses behind the back window and added '72 T-Bird tail lights. It does give some thought on how the coupe may have looked if Ford had been a little more conservative with the roofline.

Great to see your artwork guys. I'll add another. How about building the California Special that Ford never did. Got a little crazy with the metal work by eliminating the flying butresses behind the back window and added '72 T-Bird tail lights. It does give some thought on how the coupe may have looked if Ford had been a little more conservative with the roofline.
Very nice. Honestly, I think Ford should've just taken the profile from the 'vert, made it a hard top and gone that route. '71-'73 'verts look totally Awesome-sauce with the roofs up - and down, for that matter.

Honestly, I think Ford should've just taken the profile from the 'vert, made it a hard top and gone that route.
+1 on that. I just love the look of a 71-73 with the top up. I have often wondered, what it would be like if it were made from metal.

A decent vector drawing of my car from a few years ago

72mach.jpg

I ended up using it in the car show display poster I did for it

72displayposter.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Honestly, I think Ford should've just taken the profile from the 'vert, made it a hard top and gone that route.
+1 on that. I just love the look of a 71-73 with the top up. I have often wondered, what it would be like if it were made from metal.
Hmmm... might be time for someone to make a fiberglass 'hard top' roof for the 'verts, maybe? :D

Back