Intro

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
My Car
'72 Convertible, Dark Green Metallic w/ White Top & Ginger Interior w/ 351 HO & 4 Speed
I was reminded that I needed to Introduce myself. I live in Mobile, AL.

I purchased my first Mustang, a '67 Convertible, in '69. It was a joy to own and drive. But, when the 1971 Mustangs came out, I began looking for a way to afford one. Part of this plan involved selling my car.

I special ordered my car February 1972 and took delivery in April. It immediately became an autocrosser and was on course most weekends until 1980.

During that time I also got the "formula car" bug. I purchased a "roller" Titan Mk3 Formula 3 car with plans to race it. I eventually found that my income couldn't afford both, so I parked the Mustang in the garage to concentrate on finishing the racer.

The Mustang has been there since. (I stopped driving it when the top began to show signs of wear.) As we all know, life happens! I have to restore my wife's MGB (it's in work now) before the Mustang. But, hopefully, this will be soon!

I have no pics at this time but maybe later.[/size][/font]

Welcome from Chesapeake VA!

Welcome mister.

So if I understand well, you still have your mustang you purchased in 1972???

If so, which one is it?

Sorry if I missunderstood.

Welcome from FL. From the dates referenced in your story, it sounds like you will join the the rest of us "older" guys on the forum. You're the 2nd mustanger from Mobile, AL. Welkum aboard.

Welcome mister.

If so, which one is it?

It's a '72 351 HO Convertible.

As I understand, it's one of 13 built.

Welcome from FL. From the dates referenced in your story, it sounds like you will join the the rest of us "older" guys on the forum. You're the 2nd mustanger from Mobile, AL. Welkum aboard.
Thank you!

Welcome from North Carolina!
Thanks.

Welcome from Chesapeake VA!
Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
::welcome:: from Lynnwood, WA.

Rich

Welcome to the site from Virginia! Great to hear another convertible has survived.

MGB's are fun cars too, I had a 69 MGB for many years, it had the electric overdrive which worked in 3rd and 4th gear giving me a pseudo 6 speed! I still have a 1960 MGA that I bought in 1974, but it has deteriorated a lot. I have tons of NOS parts to restore it as I use to work at a British car dealership. Maybe one of these days I will finish it or buy a better one to restore.

Welcome from Mobile, AL! Cool, another guy from Mobile on here! You make the 3rd to join. I know of two other 71-73 owners in Mobile that haven't joined. I know of a 73 vert in town with a custom tan interior but don't know who owns it. There is also a white vert in Daphne.

My driveway on several occasions has been an impromptu Mach 1 car show when we all get together. You'll have to bring your vert out so I can drool over it. :D

Welcome mister.

If so, which one is it?

WOW! -One of my favorite 71-3 Mustangs.

Please put up some pics and more info about your convertible.

And --- Welcome from Oklahoma.

Ray

Welcome from Arkansas. Glad to have another vert on the forum
Thank you.

::welcome:: From San Diego. How cool you held on to a H.O convertible all theses years.Post some pics when you can.
Glad to be so welcomed.

Welcome from Mobile, AL! Cool, another guy from Mobile on here! You make the 3rd to join. I know of two other 71-73 owners in Mobile that haven't joined. I know of a 73 vert in town with a custom tan interior but don't know who owns it. There is also a white vert in Daphne.

My driveway on several occasions has been an impromptu Mach 1 car show when we all get together. You'll have to bring your vert out so I can drool over it. :D
Thank you.

I think I may seen you out on Cottage Hill recently. Nice looking Mach.

Hi and ::welcome:: from a fellow 72 vert owner in Luxembourg / Europe.
Thank you. That's great place to have one of these.

Welcome mister.

If so, which one is it?

WOW! -One of my favorite 71-3 Mustangs.

Please put up some pics and more info about your convertible.

And --- Welcome from Oklahoma.

Ray
Thanks, Ray.

See what we can do.

::welcome:: From South Carolina.
Thanks, South Carolina.

Welcome from northern California.

mike
Thanks, Mike.

Status
Not open for further replies.