Kit SSBC break front

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Warrior

Reaction score
My Car
Ford Mustang Mach1 1973
Salut,

I have a question?

I ordered the item A1333 PS FT POWER DRIVE CONV 70/73 4 PISTON SLOT (SSBC).

I do not understand how to put this article on my mustang 73

the axis of the original wheel with three holes, the new system with four holes SSBC ...

Should I change my spindle? is there a converter?

Thank you and sorry for my english ...

DSC00086.JPG

DSC00087.JPG

i think your kit is for the front, but for a drum spindle,.. you have a disc spindle,.. you need to put on 71-73 drum spindle's

i think your kit is for the front, but for a drum spindle,.. you have a disc spindle,.. you need to put on 71-73 drum spindle's
You are correct! You can see the spindle hub inside the disk rotor in the first picture. The caliper bracket is for a drum brake spindle. You have a disk brake spindle.

Why are you changing out the factory front disks? They were very adequate for the weight of our cars?

HTH

Hi,

I wanted to change for more effective braking, Switzerland the road are small and narrow, I need a Mustang brakes ...

You're right, I'll order a kit original brake kit and put it in the back ...

thank you very much for your answers

I used the Wilwood Disk Brake kit number 140-11073-D which has the adapter plate drilled for either a disk brake spindle or drum spindle. If you look close enough you can see the holes that are for drum brake spindles. This kit also moves the caliper to the front of the spindle. Easy to install kit.

-jbojo

IMG_1805.JPG

IMG_1799.JPG

IMG_1989.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back