Exterior antenna delete - Fox-era delete plate work for our cars?

Title pretty much says all, but I'm curious as to whether the '71-73 fender will accept a '79-93 radio delete plate. Can't find a photo of a fender minus the radio, nor the bottom of the '79-93 delete plate.

lrs-18919a_5264.jpg

http://www.latemodelrestoration.com/item/LRS-18919A/1979-93-Mustang-Antenna-Delete-Panel

-Kurt

satellite-valiant-mustang-license-tags-signature.png

How to buy a '71-73 Mustang:

Rule #1: Assume all classic car sellers are guilty until proven innocent.

Rule #2: No classic car dealer is ever innocent; thus, they are all guilty.

Rule #3: Buy from trustworthy people: Fellow forum members. Visit 7173Mustang's For Sale forum.

To answer your question, I don't know. Do you want a permanent delete or just temporary? I had my body guy weld mine up so it's completely gone, but the Fox body delete plate is pretty homely.

Steve

[button=http://www.7173mustangs.com/thread-1972-mach-1--1800]The Stable[/button]

25yvyp3.jpg

To answer your question, I don't know. Do you want a permanent delete or just temporary? I had my body guy weld mine up so it's completely gone, but the Fox body delete plate is pretty homely.

I figure I can get away with a delete plate for the moment; there is a dent on my right front fender which renders modification a moot point, and I'm rather partial to keeping it the way it is right now.

In short, the Fox delete plate would give me some easy flexibility. Might be able to have it plastic-chromed too, if the finish can stand the outdoors.

-Kurt

Rule #3: Buy from trustworthy people: Fellow forum members. Visit 7173Mustang's For Sale forum.

• 4 years later...

I figure I can get away with a delete plate for the moment; there is a dent on my right front fender which renders modification a moot point, and I'm rather partial to keeping it the way it is right now.

In short, the Fox delete plate would give me some easy flexibility. Might be able to have it plastic-chromed too, if the finish can stand the outdoors.

-Kurt

I know this is an ancient thread, but did you ever found an antenna delete plate that fit? I may end up going to hardware store to find a screw that fits there for the moment.

20160929_171923_edit2_small.jpg

1971 M-Code Mach 1 w/Ram Air, 408 stroker, 285/291 0.558" roller cam, Blue Thunder intake, TKO600, Hooker headers with electric cut-offs, FiTech EFI w/ RobBMC PowerSurge pump

Strange center section with Truetrac, 3.5 gear and 31 spline axles, 4-wheel disc brakes

-Kurt

I know this is an ancient thread, but did you ever found an antenna delete plate that fit? I may end up going to hardware store to find a screw that fits there for the moment.

Sorry to say I haven't, Tony. Back end of the car is still in bits, so the antenna is still priority #20,409,234 in line.

I still put a hollowed-out tennis ball over the antenna stub when sliding the car cover on...

-Kurt

Get a hole cover for a kitchen sink, they're cheap and not bad looking.

“If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough.”

--Albert Einstein