Exterior antenna delete - Fox-era delete plate work for our cars?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
'71 Mustang Mach 1 M-code "Soylent Green"
'69 Plymouth Valiant 100
'68 Plymouth Satellite
Title pretty much says all, but I'm curious as to whether the '71-73 fender will accept a '79-93 radio delete plate. Can't find a photo of a fender minus the radio, nor the bottom of the '79-93 delete plate.

lrs-18919a_5264.jpg

http://www.latemodelrestoration.com/item/LRS-18919A/1979-93-Mustang-Antenna-Delete-Panel

-Kurt

Last edited by a moderator:
To answer your question, I don't know. Do you want a permanent delete or just temporary? I had my body guy weld mine up so it's completely gone, but the Fox body delete plate is pretty homely.
I figure I can get away with a delete plate for the moment; there is a dent on my right front fender which renders modification a moot point, and I'm rather partial to keeping it the way it is right now.

In short, the Fox delete plate would give me some easy flexibility. Might be able to have it plastic-chromed too, if the finish can stand the outdoors.

-Kurt

To answer your question, I don't know. Do you want a permanent delete or just temporary? I had my body guy weld mine up so it's completely gone, but the Fox body delete plate is pretty homely.
I figure I can get away with a delete plate for the moment; there is a dent on my right front fender which renders modification a moot point, and I'm rather partial to keeping it the way it is right now.

In short, the Fox delete plate would give me some easy flexibility. Might be able to have it plastic-chromed too, if the finish can stand the outdoors.

-Kurt
I know this is an ancient thread, but did you ever found an antenna delete plate that fit? I may end up going to hardware store to find a screw that fits there for the moment.

-Kurt
I know this is an ancient thread, but did you ever found an antenna delete plate that fit? I may end up going to hardware store to find a screw that fits there for the moment.
Sorry to say I haven't, Tony. Back end of the car is still in bits, so the antenna is still priority #20,409,234 in line.

I still put a hollowed-out tennis ball over the antenna stub when sliding the car cover on...

-Kurt

Back