Anyone going on the MAA Cruise?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shipwright

Reaction score
My Car
2008 Shelby GT500 Grabber Orange Convertible
As I've previously stated in another thread our Club is heading to Charlotte next year. However myself and another of our members decided to leave early, take a slight detour, turn right somewhere south and head over to Las Angeles to start the Mustangs Across America Cruise. From LA we'll do a six day cruise where we'll meet up with the rest of our club in Charlotte in time for the anniversary celebrations. After the festivities are complete, Myself and the wife (in her '73 Q code Mach 1) will be heading straigt north to visit my family in Ontario Canada and finally back home to Nova Scotia. Total time, about 5 weeks, total mileage, about 8 - 9K miles.

Anyways I was wondering if anyone from the 7173 Mustangs are also taking part in this cruise.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was thinking about hooking up with the rest of your group as they pass through Northern Virginia just south of Washington DC., but our local club may come up with a drive too.

I was thinking about hooking up with the rest of your group as they pass through Northern Virginia just south of Washington DC., but our local club may come up with a drive too.
That's too bad, I was hoping on meeting some you guys on the road. But I guess I'll make make sure to see you all in Charlotte, I know my wife (Mach 1 Mama) will be searching for you.

I have not paid much attention to the 50th stuff yet as it is over a year away but since there are MCA events in Vegas and Charlotte, why would anyone leave one coast and drive all the way to the other when there would be a show much closer to their starting point? I get the whole adventure thing to a degree but going more than 1,000 miles in one of these 40 years old cars isn't that much fun when you don't know what weather conditions you may encounter. I'm sure the late model drivers would be up for a 3,000 mile journey but I will take 3-4 days off for this mega show - not two weeks.

I have not paid much attention to the 50th stuff yet as it is over a year away but since there are MCA events in Vegas and Charlotte, why would anyone leave one coast and drive all the way to the other when there would be a show much closer to their starting point? I get the whole adventure thing to a degree but going more than 1,000 miles in one of these 4 years old cars isn't that much fun when you don't know what weather conditions you may encounter. I'm sure the late model drivers would be up for a 3,000 mile journey but I will take 3-4 days off for this mega show - not two weeks.
Well, I'm retired but still employed, I can afford it, I certainly have enough vacation time accrued, as an ex-Canadian serviceman (Navy) I've been to various US ports on both coasts but I've never seen the Heartland of America so this is my opportunity. And I'm not taking 2 weeks off, I'm taking 5 in order to visit my relatives on my way back home. I suppose you could call it my belated retirement road cruise (It'll be a cold day in hell before I ever go to sea again so ocean "Cruises" are out of the question). Besides it gives me a chance to meet other Mustang enthusiasts such as yourself, as well as others that I have met online, face to face. The weather does concern me, but I have no control over that and will prepare as best I can (tires in particular).

Being in socal my club is of course thinking about going to go to Vegas, dunno if anyone will do the cruise to Norman. I know I'm personally still debating driving 6hrs through the desert w/ vinyl seats w/ AC that is OK at best,lol (12hrs round trip)

.....might just do fab fords at KBF next year instead (since I'm going to miss it this year again)

That's too bad, I was hoping on meeting some you guys on the road. But I guess I'll make make sure to see you all in Charlotte, I know my wife (Mach 1 Mama) will be searching for you.
At this point I'm not sure if I'll be taking my 73 convertible or my 2004 Mach 1, but once I decide I'll post up which one I will be driving so I'm easier to spot. Looking forward to meeting a lot of our members.

P1310061.jpg

At this point I'm not sure if I'll be taking my 73 convertible or my 2004 Mach 1, but once I decide I'll post up which one I will be driving so I'm easier to spot. Looking forward to meeting a lot of our members.

P1310061.jpg
Should not even be a decision :s

Just a quick note to let you all know that a second '71-'73 Mustang from our club will be attending the Charlotte show, in this case it's a 302 '72 coupe in orange and argent. I don't have any photos of it yet, but I'll post them when I get them.

I'm still on the fence for so many reasons.

Cons:

• I don't even know if my car will be ready or not
  • I'm not too keen on the 350-ish mile stints (I usually roll 600-or-so miles in a leg) - I like to 'get there'
  • There's really not a lot along the way I'm interested in sight-seeing (I've made the trip a few times, actually)
  • I can't justify the short drive to Dallas just to stay overnight (again, nothing in Dallas I want to see except maybe a gas station and Subway)

Pros:

• Meeting fellow Mustangers
  • Safety in numbers
  • Having some 'help' if the car decides to hiccup

Just a quick note to let you all know that a second '71-'73 Mustang from our club will be attending the Charlotte show, in this case it's a 302 '72 coupe in orange and argent. I don't have any photos of it yet, but I'll post them when I get them.
As promised here are pictures of one of our club members ’71 orange coupe. It currently has 302 but it will be replaced by a 351W. I’ll post the power numbers when he gets it on an engine dyno.

He will be making to trip to Charlotte next April.

Back