• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to 7173 Mustangs.com and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

AWESOME!! ebay find, restomod fastback

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As nice as it first appears to be, looking thru the pictures I see a lot of flaws and shortcuts taken with painting the car. Painting the door switches, the left door rubbing on the left door sill, the scuff plate missing the Ford logo plate, etc. etc.

I wonder about the cowl being solid, the trunk floor against the tail light panel area, the underside, etc.

Standard interior and no factory gauges, just some cheap hang downs underneath each side of the dash.

No mention of what the engine internals are. dyno sheets or anything else.

Paint does look good, I'm just concerned with how many flaws are covered up or painted over.

Looks ok not sure it represents theis statement on the listing

"Value in collector cars is all about the right color combination and original condition.

I deal in low mileage, original cars and this is truly a fine example of Ford's most loved cars !!!

As a full time business, I buy original, low mile classics to keep, refresh, or restore and sell."

But nice car if bought for the right money

Nice looking restomod fastback, that twin turbo 302 is really interesting. I suspect if the engine was done right it screams and would be a good conversation piece; if it wasn't done right, it's going to be a money pit and maintance nightmare. That would certainly be a car I would have to inspect and "drive" first before bidding on it. It'll be interesting to see what it ends up selling for, bidding is 11K presently.

Jim

I like it, that's the same color I'm painting mine. The panel fitment isn't too awesome though, and its missing the cowl rubber and windshield wipers. But I think with a little finish work it would be really cool.

Looks like the body guys couldn't the 'Mustang' badges straight for anything. And aside from the other things pointed out, I'd say, "Pretty car - I hope mine turns out as nice (without the noted flaws, of course)."

Trunk floor and rear taillight panel were replaced. Note that they never punched out the drain hole in the center of the trunk, nor welded the spare tire bracket back on.

-Kurt

Delete post due to me being too critical about this car. I shouldn't be this way since I am not perfect myself.:D

Last edited by a moderator:
I didn't see any inlet ducting to the turbos which means no air filters. That professionally rebuilt engine and it's turbos won't last long without air filters. As for the rest it's up to your tastes and wallet ;)

Back