71-73 Mustang LED Sequential Tail Light Kit

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I dunno....

Though I really like the sequential taillights on other Mustangs (or Shelbys) I don't think it makes much sense on the 71-73 Mustangs, as it skips the lens in the middle. That way it simply doesn't "flow".

Just my two cents though.

Love the sequential lights. Don't especially like that it has to skip the middle on these, but I'm sure some electronics guru here on the forum has a solution for that....

I plan to include on our 72. Thanks for sharing.

Mark

Love the sequential lights. Don't especially like that it has to skip the middle on these, but I'm sure some electronics guru here on the forum has a solution for that....

I plan to include on our 72. Thanks for sharing.

Mark
Yeah the one on my uncles car all three work in sequence and when you use the signals the middle is red and when its in reverse the center one is white. So someone has already figured it out for us. Gotta love plug and play.

I'm glad I'm not the only one 'not sure' about it. If the center lens wasn't 'just' a reflector, it would be cool and I'd have a set on mine.

I've actually kinda wondered what the back end of our cars would look like with some '70 tail lights - the ones they came with are nice enough, but a nice set of 3 red vertical stripes and detached reverse lights would've looked cooler, IMHO. Then the sequential thing wouldn't be so weird, either.

Just my personal preference though - if you're wanting them on your car, I say, "Go For It!" :D It'll definitely be unique and get attention.

I was going to add these until I saw that you need to separate the lens from the housing, to me that's asking for issues on a really old plastic part. I also don't like that it doesn't light up the center one, as mentioned it messes up the flow.

sequential.JPG

Ford Mustang Taillights - How To Install '71-'73 Sequential Taillights

Read more: http://www.mustangmonthly.com/howto/mump_0701_ford_mustang_taillights/#ixzz2dkktf1ay

Thought Id update this posting since I found it originally doing a Google search.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back