stroking 351

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
my racing partner and I were talking and we are wondering what the maximum stroker kit you can use on a 351 to get max. cubeic inches. None of the books I have mentione this.

Jim
http://www.network54.com/Forum/119419/

Check out this site if you haven't already... I haven't registered, but there are some really knowlegeable guys on there. I know 408 is pretty common, but I think Mark McKeown is doing a 427 version.

Roy getting old mind going:-/ Got my book from the shop. It is a 434ci stroker kit from StrokerKits.com

They are showing as follows:

Bore: 4.060

Stroke: 4.200

Crank: Nodular Irom 400M

Rod: Scat H-beam

Rod length: 6.250

Rod ratio: 1.48:1

Pistons: Cast

Max RPM: 6000

Max HP: 500

I am going to do some more looking. Really don't like the .060 over bore.

Jim

Roy getting old mind going:-/ Got my book from the shop. It is a 434ci stroker kit from StrokerKits.com

They are showing as follows:

Bore: 4.060

Stroke: 4.200

Crank: Nodular Irom 400M

Rod: Scat H-beam

Rod length: 6.250

Rod ratio: 1.48:1

Pistons: Cast

Max RPM: 6000

Max HP: 500

I am going to do some more looking. Really don't like the .060 over bore.

Jim
I have a 60 over 4 bolt main block, but was afraid to use it.

Yeah, .060 is a stretch for the average 351C block. Of course, you could sonic check to see what you have left.

On the other hand if you really want the benefit of large cubes, you could just get the Cleveland's big brother, put on some aluminum parts (heads, intake and water pump) and have the desired 450 something cubic inches the easy way at about the same weight (600 pounds fully dressed):).

Again, not meant to be a Cleveland vs 460 post...BUT I am just saying.

BT

I still like the sound of of a big block owner whining when he has it handed to him by a piddly small block. But there is a lot of truth in the old saying "There is no replacement for displacement" so build what ever you want and enjoy it to the fullest.

Back