73 Disk brakes-can you buy just rotor?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1973 351-2v Convertible
1973 351-2v Mach 1
1973 351-4V Q code Mach 1
64.5 Coupe
65 convertible
65 cobra kirkham
Does anyone know if the rotors by themselves are available? Without the hub?

I have a '73 convertible, rebuilding the front end and powder coating everything.

I have the studs out of the hub & brake assy. and the rotors aren't at minimum thickness just yet, but I thought I'd replace them while I have it apart.

I've looked at a couple of sources, looks like some of the parts like wagner have the hub made as part of the disk rotor for the replacements. I'd rather keep the separate rotor and just press it back onto the hub with the studs.

Thanks in advance.

Yes, mine are factory. Have the KH stamping on the hubs (Kelsey-Hayes) and IIRC, Ford numbers on the rotors.

I was just hoping for some plain rotors, not too expensive, to replace mine since I've already coated the hubs and I'm ready to reassemble.

I'll probably just put it together with what I have and keep looking for replacements.

RacerX,

Here is what I was researching with the same question. These are nice. You can choose from standard drum spindle or factory disc brake spindle. They have the separate Hubs and rotors.

Wilwood Brake

1973 Ford Mustang - Front Brake Kit No.: 140-11073-Dhttp://www.wilwood.com/BrakeKits/BrakeKitSearch.aspx?year=1973&make=Ford&model=Mustang&option=Disc+Brake+Front+Spindle.&whl=15

mustang7173

Back