Family Pet Thread

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mach1, 351 Cleveland, Ram Air (not factory), C6 Automatic, AM/8 Track, Bright Red.
This is Casey, our 3-year-old Golden Retriever. One of the best natured and gentle dogs I've ever seen; he loves everybody and everything, including strangers, birds and animals.

!Dogs1.jpg!Dogs2.jpg!Dogs5.jpg!Dog3.jpgCasey2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
So do you let Casey in the Mustang after rolling in the sand :)

we had a Black Lab he Loved to ride in the car with the top down. up unil his last summer (2011) with us (15 1/2 yrs old), he loved riding in the car with the top down.

This is Daisy. She's a rescue I've had for about 3.5 years. I think she's about 7. She doesn't like strangers, other dogs, playing, or toys. But she loves car rides, and she loves me. That's all that matters.

IMG_1910_zpse5508d75.jpg

IMG_2216_zpsbb72d4ba.jpg

IMG_0094_zpsab1d8aea.jpg

Casey looks like a cool dog, Golden Retrievers have a very nice disposition and make good family pets.

From a different branch of the animal kingdom, here's Big Daddy he's a Bearded Dragon German Giant Morph , they can reach sizes of almost 3 feet long and have a lifespan of 15-20yrs

Amazingly they are very intelligent, he comes when he's called and is even paper trained, he eats out of a dish and will eat from a spoon.

I was suprised how smart they are and seem to be at a level I would expect from mammals or primates.

Great pets for people with limited space or apartment dwellers, fantastic first reptile for kids.

This is a Bubba who thinks he is a king just because he has his own recliner I guess...LOL...He is my 35 pound shop buddyphoto(6).JPGphoto (1)(1).JPGphoto (3)(1).JPG

This is Casey, our 3-year-old Golden Retriever. One of the best natured and gentle dogs I've ever seen; he loves everybody and everything, including strangers, birds and animals.
This is two of our Goldens. Shelby and Relay. Our last Golden "Kaycee", also nicknamed "Doug The Dog" sadly, passed away a few years back.DSCN1834.JPG

Some good lookin animals all...I dont think there is a dog type i dont like...If you threat them right..They will threat you better.

Below..Only picture i could find right now of 2 dogs i originaly got for my granny...Keep her company...Well she passed away few years ago now...And i had to keep them...They are big time mutts...I call them my shitty blue weenies ;)...Mother was pure blood shih tzu...Father was half blue heeler and weener dog..lol..what a odd mix..But they are great dogs..Sometimes the mutts are the best.

They saved my life ..and stopped a late night home invasion nutt...I come home late from a gig..I was tired and sleepy...But hungry..I turned on the oven and walked in my room too put my things away...And forgot about it....few min later...the white one i named bullitt <~`after steve mcqueens movie....was at my door whining...I said too him what? Cause he doesnt do that much...And i looked out there and noticed how dark it was...I was like..i dont remmeber turing the lights off? Then i realized it was smoke!!..Pan fire...i ran in..got it out..blew out the house with the swamp cooler...Everything was ok..But scary thing is...If i didnt have them with me...I mite of not woke up and would of lost everything.

Then one night..they started getting riled up about 3 in the morning...I walked out and said the same thing...what? then i seen my door knob moving back and fourth realy slowly...I could barly hear it right next too the door.....No one knocked or anything....I ran back in my room and grabbed my 357 s&w...Put it behind me..with my hand on it...and a hand on the door...I unlocked and swung the door open fast as i could...By the time i did that...Some crazy looking lady was runing to the street...and then turned and she asked..Is shawn here? I said there is no shawn here or on the block!!..get stepping!! She said ok..walked down the road saying..a diffrent name than shawn.....I had to walk out around my property and check everything...I live in a small country town..So i know just about the name of everyone down my street..lol....So big thanks too my doggies...they desurve nothing but the best i think.

Bottom dog is argo with my dad...he was about 260 pounds...Past away few years ago..but we got his kin...We got anothere just like him from the same family and breeder...his name is Moe ;)

Ok, let's get some cats in here.

This is our cat named Shelby. (I see Doug the dog had the same idea :) )

Here she is claiming the Mustang as her property.

And this is what she usually does when I'm on the computer. Makes for a great neck warmer. :)

image.jpg

image.jpg

Here us our brave 9 yr old Border/mix whose name is MeBe (mixed breed) guarding our feet, under a drawer, during a storm a few weeks ago.

She is a rescue dog and is a true member of the family. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1363162001.703214.jpg

I had a gray cat just like "Shelby"....He was a really good cat. I had to have him put down while I was deployed to Africa...

Heart braking when pets die, or when you have to put them down. I became really attached to my kids dog, and she had to be put down just a month or so ago...

my dog knows I spend too much time on the computer.

Now we know who's boss in your house...(paw on top of hand is a domination thing)...here is one of Bubba enjoying a little ZZ Top

Could be, everyone and everything in my house is the boss except me. Actually if the paw on the hand to keep me from using the mouse doesn't work, his next move is squeeze in and place his head on the keyboard. He does it same time of the morning almost every day, it means he wants me to play ball with him. When I say OK he runs to the back door and waits from me. If I tell him not now, he stops doing it and lays on the floor staring up at me to make me feel guilty.

I need to get a new pic - this is his 'mugshot' from the Pet Finder site, but this is Eddie (short for Edward Van Hansen - my wife's idea). We picked him up from the Pound last August, and he was WAY skinny (only 20-ish lbs), anemic, had a viral sinus infection, ear infection, worms, sporadic heart murmur, and some pretty bad hot spots. He's back up to his healthy weight (36-ish lbs - he's a BIG Cocker Spaniel), and everything else has been taken care of. The Vet says he's a purebred, and figured he was around 2-ish and used as breeding stock at a puppy farm or something.

eddie_mugshot1.jpg

Such a good dog... very loving and happy to be with us - I can't imagine why anybody would want to throw away a dog like this (or any animal, for that matter).

Such a good dog... very loving and happy to be with us - I can't imagine why anybody would want to throw away a dog like this (or any animal, for that matter).

::goodjob:: For saving your dog....Sad how sick people can be to animals..My brother just saved a little dashound pup from a truck stop some one dumped off last month...He was skinny and scared and everything else...He got him close with some food and grabbed him...and now he been riding in his 18 wheeler with him all month and looking better every day..lol

Here is a picture of the dog he saved last month.

Cute little weiner dog! I think all of our pets (with the exception of 2 dogs and 2 cats she had when we first married) have been 'rescue' pets - 3 cats and 3 dogs so far from the Pound or 'found' and assimilated into the family.

I went to the Pound for a few months on-end a few years ago, to play with the 'inmates' since they don't get much attention otherwise. But I kinda hate going to the Pound... breaks my heart to see them there - I just want to take 'em all home.

I dont have a pic at the moment but i have a pet turtle that i have owned for over 25 years. :D My brother found it at a pond on his and his wifes first date (they went fishing on their first date) He gave it to me when i was 8 or 9 years old. I think hes cool as hell. Wife dont like him much but like i tell her i have know Mr. Turtle alot longer than her! And he will be here after we are gone :D

Back