Back in February out 13 yr old Border Collie was mauled by the neighbors dogs (broke through the wood privacy fence) and we had to put her down. We had her longer than our children and it was the only pet my wife ever had. Last week the wife decided she would like a dog to run with and so we started looking around.

Meet Pepper, a 5 month old Australia Cattle dog (Blue Heeler) and Border Collie mix. We picked her up on Thursday from the Humane Society and she is very smart, learning simple commands in minutes. It's funny to watch the girls interact with her because our last dog was trained by the time they came into the world. They also don't remember the energy level of a puppy, even though our last dog was still running two miles a day. 61f3781e3ff936cb9ad60e395b088dc4.jpg187003061da0b9855186233c9f13ca12.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Before I introduce our cat I just wanna say thanks to all who posted about their pets inhere.

c38f5abbcb624e30f1ff5ca52ce6d286.jpg

So, all, this is Silver our boy cat, now nearly 1 year old. He is the best of course ;-) Very well behaved, funny, cuddly but is easily scared by little kids coz the one where he's from treated him like a toy a bit too much.

He seems to prefer my lap and falls asleep in the most awesome positions in the evenings.

Thanks,

Vince.

I have a couple of really active dogs.

20150709_172442.thumb.jpg.b5df324721e7397e3eae8a9b77d43087.jpg

20151225_222323.thumb.jpg.d7a47297e65f6132be36cf69817f134c.jpg

20150621_163911.thumb.jpg.2341991c1634b08949b2ca706b8f20f0.jpg

20150717_200219(0).thumb.jpg.86724919e1436788f15abaa957df7f57.jpg

-john

(jbojo)

351C 4V cc heads, 10.5 : 1 CR, 290 Herbert cam, Flat top forged pistons, forged connecting rods, Atomic efi,

C6 with Gear Vendor overdrive, 3.89 Tru Trac, Hooker Super Comp with 2 1/2" Pypes Exhaust.        

Some Mod pictures can be seen at: [button=http://www.7173mustangs.com/forum-garage?filterxt_uid=2026]Bojo's Garage[/button]

Before I introduce our cat I just wanna say thanks to all who posted about their pets inhere.

c38f5abbcb624e30f1ff5ca52ce6d286.jpg

So, all, this is Silver our boy cat, now nearly 1 year old. He is the best of course ;-) Very well behaved, funny, cuddly but is easily scared by little kids coz the one where he's from treated him like a toy a bit too much.

He seems to prefer my lap and falls asleep in the most awesome positions in the evenings.

Thanks,

Vince.

That is an amazing classic picture and one very classy cat.  I wish mine were that cuddly.

Let me check your shorts!

http://midlifeharness.com

Flamicon2.jpg

oldfart.png

Isn't it interesting that it seems like we give our pets names... and then "nick-names" as well?  Jpaz's comment above reminded me of this.

I'm guessing Eddie probably doesn't actually know his name - it's probably more like whenever we say something familiar to him, he just assumes we're talking to him.  Some of the nick-names we use on him: Bubba, boo-boo, buddy, fuzzy-butt, and sometimes she calls him "poop-head" if he does something he's not supposed to do (but is totally forgivable - like drinking too much water and burping it right back up, or pooping on the pool deck rather than using the grass right next to it... we still can't figure that one out).

Eric

mach1sig2.gif

Our trio, left to right, five year old brothers Rico and Enzo with our near fifteen year old Cocker Frances. Wife and youngest son enjoying the fire with them.

Knife375348fire013.jpg

Isn't it interesting that it seems like we give our pets names... and then "nick-names" as well?  Jpaz's comment above reminded me of this.

I'm guessing Eddie probably doesn't actually know his name - it's probably more like whenever we say something familiar to him, he just assumes we're talking to him.  Some of the nick-names we use on him: Bubba, boo-boo, buddy, fuzzy-butt, and sometimes she calls him "poop-head" if he does something he's not supposed to do (but is totally forgivable - like drinking too much water and burping it right back up, or pooping on the pool deck rather than using the grass right next to it... we still can't figure that one out).

Funny we just had this discussion when we were naming Pepper. I had several names for our previous dog but I explained to the girls that she needs to lean her new name first. I actually think it has more to do with the tone of your voice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We picked the kids up a dog for Christmas this year. His name is Decker and he's a golden-doodle that is 7 months old and growing like a weed. Here's a few pic from when he was only 2 months old at Christmas and from camp this weekend! He also has a nickname, Rufus. Don't know why I call him that but I do??

IMG_0250.jpg

IMG_0415.jpg

IMG_0420.jpg

IMG_0711.jpg

IMG_1352.jpg

IMG_1413.jpg

Kevin
1971 Mach 1

408C Stroker - C4 w/3,000 stall - 8.8" Rear w/3.73's - Disc brakes all way around.
https://youtu.be/SoW1fhaFPzY  Burn Out Video. 

044.jpg