• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The headache is coming from the odd shape of the clutch arm, which causes the master cylinder rod to follow an arc, which will cause the rod to bend. We are fixing that with a pair of tandem spherical rod ends.

The other issue is that the area where the master generally resides on the firewall (in every other car on God's green Earth) sits in a 1.75" wide slot between the steering joint and the frame rail. This is a very narrow opening for a master cylinder and mount. I am working on a 71-73 mounting bracket that will be extraordinarily slim and allow the master to pivot while in operation.

Doing it on one car is a cake walk, however being able to put something in a box and send it to a car owner for a repeatable installation with no welding or crazy tools necessary is a trick. If the system is not relatively easy to install and durable to the tune of 100,000 pumps on the clutch pedal then I will be reading hate mail all day every day. For the sake of our customers (and my selfish desire not to get death threats) I will only put a well sorted product on the market.

I have designed hydraulic systems, transmission systems, shifter mechanisms, clutches and cross members so I am sure I will be able to solve the issues.

Wish me luck.

Maybe an option is to bellcrank (ball raced) the linkage on the frame rail in the spot where your trying to locate the cylinder..this way you could fab a mount to get the cylinder lower & or higher out of the 1.75 zone..Just a thought

LOVE OF BEAUTY IS TASTE..THE CREATION OF BEAUTY IS ART

The headache is coming from the odd shape of the clutch arm, which causes the master cylinder rod to follow an arc, which will cause the rod to bend. We are fixing that with a pair of tandem spherical rod ends.

The other issue is that the area where the master generally resides on the firewall (in every other car on God's green Earth) sits in a 1.75" wide slot between the steering joint and the frame rail. This is a very narrow opening for a master cylinder and mount. I am working on a 71-73 mounting bracket that will be extraordinarily slim and allow the master to pivot while in operation.

Doing it on one car is a cake walk, however being able to put something in a box and send it to a car owner for a repeatable installation with no welding or crazy tools necessary is a trick. If the system is not relatively easy to install and durable to the tune of 100,000 pumps on the clutch pedal then I will be reading hate mail all day every day. For the sake of our customers (and my selfish desire not to get death threats) I will only put a well sorted product on the market.

I have designed hydraulic systems, transmission systems, shifter mechanisms, clutches and cross members so I am sure I will be able to solve the issues.

Wish me luck.

Maybe an option is to bellcrank (ball raced) the linkage on the frame rail in the spot where your trying to locate the cylinder..this way you could fab a mount to get the cylinder lower & or higher out of the 1.75 zone..Just a thought

Not a bad idea. If I can get the angle correct between the master and the pedal with a ball joint (not the kind in your suspension) mounted to the frame rail that would solve the firewall mounting issue. You're thinking out there, folks, and it is much appreciated!!!! We have a side mount master on the shelf. I'm off to tinker.

Forgive my ignorance, but what do you mean by "repop"?

Steve

[button=http://www.7173mustangs.com/thread-1972-mach-1--1800]The Stable[/button]

25yvyp3.jpg

Guest BigPinoyHunk

we have been using that term for "reproduction"!!! its all good man. each forum has their own terminology on some things!

Not a bad idea. If I can get the angle correct between the master and the pedal with a ball joint (not the kind in your suspension) mounted to the frame rail that would solve the firewall mounting issue. You're thinking out there, folks, and it is much appreciated!!!! We have a side mount master on the shelf. I'm off to tinker.

I've been flying r/c helis & airplanes for over 30 years..wanna talk about linkage setup :cool: all the heli linkages use ball joints...The beauty of the bellcrank is you can change the ratios of throw you need simply by moving the linkage in or out along the throw arm..& it's pretty easy to convert a push to a pull & vs versa.

Heres some serious linkage setup to ponder

100_2123.thumb.JPG.35d995b1674c07f701f60e9dfec08cfa.JPG100_2124.thumb.JPG.8e770672f68c3372148c0a0bf72e7f0c.JPG

LOVE OF BEAUTY IS TASTE..THE CREATION OF BEAUTY IS ART

I always love the merging of ideas from different hobbies that I'm interested in. :). Good idea Qcode.

I've been flying r/c helis & airplanes for over 30 years..wanna talk about linkage setup :cool: all the heli linkages use ball joints...The beauty of the bellcrank is you can change the ratios of throw you need simply by moving the linkage in or out along the throw arm..& it's pretty easy to convert a push to a pull & vs versa.

Heres some serious linkage setup to ponder

spacer.png

Guest BigPinoyHunk

Gray, if u r reproducing our clutch pedals as well, could u just rig up what YOU want on the pedal side? I mean as long as u make it clear like the OE, u could put the attachment point where u want or mod something on it!

Would this make it easier?

But of course just include it in the kit!

we have been using that term for "reproduction"!!! its all good man. each forum has their own terminology on some things!

Thanks Olie! Hijack over...

Steve

[button=http://www.7173mustangs.com/thread-1972-mach-1--1800]The Stable[/button]

25yvyp3.jpg

Hey SM, I'm glad you asked...

Hey SM, I'm glad you asked...

Being new to the forums I'm learning all kinds of new things!:rolleyes:

Steve

25yvyp3.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Ok guys here is the lastest and greatest. Parts back from fab, They are doing a final fitting today and hopefully we will have an in stall early next week.

Tried to add pics but get this;

Please correct the following errors before continuing:

The file you attached is too large. The maximum size for that type of file is 500 kilobytes

Ok guys here is the lastest and greatest. Parts back from fab, They are doing a final fitting today and hopefully we will have an in stall early next week.

The file you attached is too large. The maximum size for that type of file is 500 kilobytes

Install early next week... Excellent!

Try uploading pics to a 3rd party site like potobucket then linking back to them. File size doesn't matter for this method.

spacer.png

Guest BigPinoyHunk

roy,

email me the pics and i'll post them for you!!

xoliex@aol.com

how's everything coming along with it though?

roy,

xoliex@aol.com

They are on my work email so no pics till monday. If things go well tomorrow, we are going to try to rig it enough to atleast fire it off for the first time.

Guest BigPinoyHunk

roy,

xoliex@aol.com

They are on my work email so no pics till monday. If things go well tomorrow, we are going to try to rig it enough to atleast fire it off for the first time.

all you need to start it up is a bellhousing and a flywheel. a bellhousing to mount the starter and a flywheel so the start can turn the flywheel with it.

when i started my motor with the manual trans, i started the motor alond with just a flywheel, bell, and starter just to make sure the starter i had worked.

roy,

xoliex@aol.com

all you need to start it up is a bellhousing and a flywheel. a bellhousing to mount the starter and a flywheel so the start can turn the flywheel with it.

when i started my motor with the manual trans, i started the motor alond with just a flywheel, bell, and starter just to make sure the starter i had worked.

Yeah we are wanting to get the radiator installed, heater hoses, and all that good stuff on tomorrow then hopefully spin it over. Its almost ready now, but the little stuff kills me.

Anxiously awaiting the good news on Monday. I bought a T-5 transmission today so these are good steps!

Very cool Steven...

Make sure you take lots of pictures.....lol....I'll be bugging you for them as I want to change over to a t-5 also.

1_14_01_12_10_54_29.png

Ken

73 Convertible 302-4v-3spd yellow /white int

08 Bullitt 4.6-5 spd black/black int

All I ask is a chance to prove that money can't make me happy

[button=http://www.7173mustangs.com/forum-garage?filterxt_uid=327]Visit My Garage[/button]

If things go well tomorrow, we are going to try to rig it enough to at least fire it off for the first time.

I can hardly wait for the video (hint, hint).

spacer.png

• 2 weeks later...

Roy, what's the latest and greatest news on this project?

That is the question of the month. I would like to know also. Gray is out of town again till Friday so I have no ideal whats going on. When I ask I get still test fitting.