Hello from Delaware

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mustang Mach 1 m code
Hi guys, my name is John and I'm from the southern chester county pa area but currently live in Newark, de. I recently picked up a 1971 mach 1 to restore. I'm no rookie to restorations. I've completed a 1969 h-code silver jade mach 1 in the 90s and then a 1970 m-code meadowlark yellow sportsroof. In 2000 I swayed into gm and did a frame off restoration on a 1966 chevelle and a 1967 chevelle. I recently did a 1970 chevy stepside c/10 and a custom chopper from scratch. I'm excited to do this mach 1 because it will be my final restoration and it will stay with me for the rest of my life. I have my work cut out for me on this one but up to the challenge. Its one of 311 grabber green/white deluxe interior mach 1s. Marti report shows original 351c 4v ram air car but the motor is long gone so a 460 is in the works for it. I'll post pics and the marti report. I'm very happy to get back into the mustang, especially 71-73. Always been a fan of the bodystyle. I'm very passionate about mustangs so I'll be thriving for information and the details that make an awesome finished product! See ya on here soon!

P1010838.JPG

P1010835.JPG

P1010843.JPG

1T05M157431_dlxrpt (1).pdf

Attachments

• 1T05M157431_dlxrpt (1).pdf
    144.3 KB · Views: 8
Welcone from Virginia. Sounds like your Mach 1 is in capable hands with all your experience. Interesting with all the surface rust the quarters look good. Have they been repaired in the past?

Well it looks as though someone did some bodywork and a repaint at some point. The trunk pans and floor pans will need replaced but that's all the rust I can see so far. The rest is surface rust. I'm going to get the car completely soda blasted so once it comes back, I'm sure it will look like swiss cheese. haha

Hello from cheese land, and not from Swisserland :)

Is the engine is in place? Looks like the front of the car is high???

Welcome mister.

Hi John and ::welcome:: to our beautiful site from Luxembourg / Europe.

Looks like an interesting project. I wonder what it will look like after it´s been soda blasted.

Welcome to to you John. Are you the first member from the first state in the Union? Perhaps. Grabber Green is one of the finest colors for these vehicles. All the best in restoring to its showroom glory!

welcome from a fellow pa-er!!! i have a nice original ram air hood with very minimal rust if interested im located near allentown pa! car looks great awesome color!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back