1971 Mach 1 grabber green in delaware

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Unfortunately no 8 track. Someone replaced that with a state of the art clarion lol. But I'll be putting in something from custom autosound so not to cut the bezel up and make it look somewhat original.

OLE PONY, I noticed your signature in your posts......very envious. Been trying to convince my fiancé that it would be beneficial for her to drive an oxford white 2004 mach 1, she's not buying it...lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like a good starting point, and a cool coulour aswell, Go the 460 these cars were designed with the 429 in mind.

I have a 72 Q-Code that I hummed and Harred over about putting a 460 into it, In the end, I thought bugger it they were made for the ford 385 series big block, why not. I'll keep the original motor and trans, This way I get a heap of driving an fun and years out of the car, And I will still have the ability to put it back to numbers matching, with it's original low mile engine. If that makes sense??

Thanks guys, yeah I'll end up putting up a build thread eventually, especially since I love taking in progress pictures! Lol. I know some guys are gonna criticize me on putting in the 460 but for what it's worth, I'll be making it look like a factory 429 ram air car. I went back and forth between a Cleveland or big block and since the original engine is MIA, I figured I'll build it for fun, not concourse.

Thanks guys, yeah I'll end up putting up a build thread eventually, especially since I love taking in progress pictures! Lol. I know some guys are gonna criticize me on putting in the 460 but for what it's worth, I'll be making it look like a factory 429 ram air car. I went back and forth between a Cleveland or big block and since the original engine is MIA, I figured I'll build it for fun, not concourse.
Been said many times on this forum. "It's yours! Enjoy building it the way you want it."

Back