1973 Mach 1 Ford Marketing Car

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1972 Q Code Convertible
Just got home last week and have begun restoration. Plan to put all back to original along with black vinyl top. Will keep everyone updated as to progress. What a great site this is!

Jeff

IMG_0060.JPG

ford marketing my car only.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
The twin to your car was for sale in VA Beach, 84,000 miles and all original. Saw a kid driving it to work at Target guess he bought it.

::welcome:: G'Day and welcome aboard,

My thats a long list of options, you should get a Elite marti report with the full break down, With that many options you would go close, If not end up with a 1 of 1 car.

Hi guys,

As many of you know I recently picked up a new 73 Mach. I have always thought it would be nice to have the original invoice from Ford and mine was available.

I have never seen one of these before so looking for anything that stands out or is unique. Appreciate any insight.

Says car was sold to Ford Marketing Corporation...is this who all cars were sold to?? Anything else stand out to you guys who have seen other ones?

Thanks for all the input!

Jeff

73invoice1a_zps3a9726b0.jpg

73invoice2a_zpsc92fe120.jpg

I got mine a couple of months ago. You have a well optioned Mustang. Did you also get the individual statistics? It looks like you could have a fairly uncommon set of options. Mine was sold to a local dealer, not Ford Marketing Corporation. It was interesting to find out that the dealer was within about 50 miles of me. Apparently, my car is local.

jb73...thanks for the input. I did not get the individual statistics. I would love to see a copy of yours just to see what looks different.

Jeff

I got mine a couple of months ago. You have a well optioned Mustang. Did you also get the individual statistics? It looks like you could have a fairly uncommon set of options. Mine was sold to a local dealer, not Ford Marketing Corporation. It was interesting to find out that the dealer was within about 50 miles of me. Apparently, my car is local.

Only cars that were to be used for marketing were sold to Ford Marketing, hence all the options on your car. Cool stuff! Cool car!

Very interesting. Is there any option for 73 your car doesn't have??? WOW.

71BossPrototype is a member on this site and is very knowledgeable about Ford promotional Mustangs. Might be worth a visit concerning your car.

It would be interesting to see how many Ford Marketing cars we on here...

Ray

Thanks Ray for the info...I sent him a PM to see what insight he can share. On another note, I found this Ford Marketing photo from 73 and the Mach in the middle looks exactly how mine is optioned from what I can see...the black vinyl roof can't be too common.

fordmarketing_zps05d7b61c.jpg

Very interesting. Is there any option for 73 your car doesn't have??? WOW.

71BossPrototype is a member on this site and is very knowledgeable about Ford promotional Mustangs. Might be worth a visit concerning your car.

It would be interesting to see how many Ford Marketing cars we on here...

Ray

By the way, this is the most optioned car I have ever seen and it was near the very end of production for the 73s. Well done finding & buying this car!

The only odd thing that I notice is that I wonder why the marketing group would order a maxed out car at the end of production. That is odd. There were several maxed out 71s in Aug, Sept and Oct of 1970 but June of 73. Very unusual unless it was for one of the executives in the department who didn't care for the Mustang IIs. That's my best guess.

That is called the Eminger invoice.

Yours has the original punch holes

for the IBM line printers used back then.

Notice the letters are not quite aligned

properly. That is a one of a kind document

for your car. Notice the line at the bottom

that reads "10gal gas $4". Mine reads 12gal

for $4. The price is already going up!

mike

Notice the line at the bottom that reads "10gal gas $4". Mine reads 12gal

for $4. The price is already going up!

mike
I checked mine from April 71; 12 gals for $4.00. 42 years later 1 gal for $4. :dodgy:

did they leave any options out on your car?? Cool find!!
From just quick look it doesn't have 8-track, 4-speed trans, trac-loc rear or fuzzy dice.

Back