Keyless Entry

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1973 Mustang Convertible (Mach I Tribute)
I have the car for about a month now and setting up a list of items I would like to do.

My 73 has power windows (not sure if that matters), but did anyone here install a keyless entry to their 73?

I think I remember Mister 4x4 talking about installing a keyless entry and alarm system but I can't find that thread. I'm on a tablet and I can't figure out how to do a specific search for his threads. He may chime in soon...

Here is the website link he posted in the thread I was talking about.

http://www.electric-life.com/shopexd.asp?id=869

He said he would be installing this kit in his car. I checked out this site, it has lots of really cool stuff.

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you have factory power locks or are you going to add aftermarket lock motors?
Now that I've had coffee.........did I really ask if it had factory door locks??? What a dumbass!:blush:

Do your self a favor and use MES door lock actuators (the white ones). They are far superior to all other ones currently on the market. I've literally installed hundreds of actuators over the years and these will last much longer.

Do you have factory power locks or are you going to add aftermarket lock motors?
Now that I've had coffee.........did I really ask if it had factory door locks??? What a dumbass!:blush:

Do your self a favor and use MES door lock actuators (the white ones). They are far superior to all other ones currently on the market. I've literally installed hundreds of actuators over the years and these will last much longer.
Thanks for the info.

Back