Now that is what I call a big engine!

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In reading the "narrative", I was immediately reminded of the fact that most "hot rodders" tend to build their cars "around the engine:)"!

...and Yes, that is a BIG engine!

BT

Very impressive!

A man could ride on that crankshaft... I've always thought it was cool how they machine huge parts like that. I would like to see how they make those propellers.

"Expensive?...you bet! It costs $4261.76 every hour the engine runs or 27.6 gallons every minute, which equates as $71.00 every minute or $1.18 every second!"

and we complane about driving V8's :D

That would make a cool outline of a house, a huge engine shaped house!!!

When I was a teen, the neighbor guy was a WWII navy vet and would tell me stories of working on these big engines. They named a park after him for his service to country. He went down with 3 ships during the war and survived them all, had a lot of shrapnel scars though. He told me how you could climb inside the crankcase and check bearings and oiler, and numerous other details. Sure do miss mister Creekmoore

When I was a teen, the neighbor guy was a WWII navy vet and would tell me stories of working on these big engines. They named a park after him for his service to country. He went down with 3 ships during the war and survived them all, had a lot of shrapnel scars though. He told me how you could climb inside the crankcase and check bearings and oiler, and numerous other details. Sure do miss mister Creekmoore
Great story!!

My gramps on my moms side of the family all Navy..He was a Engineer and loved talking about them big motors..Use to tell me them big GM turbines where some of the best made.....Mostly he worked on experimental radar during ww2...And during leave or home leave...He would be followed around by men in black..lol...Just to make sure he was not talking;)...He told me about being on board one ship ..And it got hit and started going down...He jumped from that destroyer into the water...got picked up by another...It got hit not more than a few min after he was picked up...and he had to jump back into the water and had to swim back across the bay to land...lol...While the battle was going on all around him...Im lucky he survived or i would not be here today....The stories he told me...I really wished i got more..But you dont think about that till it is too late...Was a tuff old bird to talk too...No bullshitter thats for sure.

Good thing about having family in the navy,,They always got you on board the best ships.. I almost..That is almost got a ride in a nuke sub...Only ship i havent been able to get on..I have got to see alot of boiler rooms and nuke engine rooms...Impressive machines....Damn having Navy flash backs..hehe

Great story!!

My gramps on my moms side of the family all Navy..He was a Engineer and loved talking about them big motors..Use to tell me them big GM turbines where some of the best made.....Mostly he worked on experimental radar during ww2...And during leave or home leave...He would be followed around by men in black..lol...Just to make sure he was not talking;)...He told me about being on board one ship ..And it got hit and started going down...He jumped from that destroyer into the water...got picked up by another...It got hit not more than a few min after he was picked up...and he had to jump back into the water and had to swim back across the bay to land...lol...While the battle was going on all around him...Im lucky he survived or i would not be here today....The stories he told me...I really wished i got more..But you dont think about that till it is too late...Was a tuff old bird to talk too...No bullshitter thats for sure.

Good thing about having family in the navy,,They always got you on board the best ships.. I almost..That is almost got a ride in a nuke sub...Only ship i havent been able to get on..I have got to see alot of boiler rooms and nuke engine rooms...Impressive machines....Damn having Navy flash backs..hehe
I wish I could remember the names of the ships loyd was on but old age has blotted out a lot of my brain. He gave me a knife that he made from aircraft parts. the handle was plexiglass from canopys, hilt was aluminum, and the blade was hardened steel from some part of the ship. And I know it should have been put away but I used it and was proud to own it but someone else wanted it more and stole it..:mad:...would love to find that jackwagon!

I wish I could remember the names of the ships loyd was on but old age has blotted out a lot of my brain. He gave me a knife that he made from aircraft parts. the handle was plexiglass from canopys, hilt was aluminum, and the blade was hardened steel from some part of the ship. And I know it should have been put away but I used it and was proud to own it but someone else wanted it more and stole it..:mad:...would love to find that jackwagon!
nothing worse than a thief...And loosing something just cause you trusted some one...lol...But i guess like the old story goes...Give some one 20 bucks and you never see them again.....Consider it money well spent;)

Back