Tax time!

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

71_Stang

Reaction score
My Car
71 Mustang - project car
Well, I just went on a spending spree (with the wife's consent...well until she sees how much i spent :)) with my tax return. I'm curious if anyone else used their tax returns for mustang gear? If so, list it!

I'll start...

To finish up my engine bay project:

1) Summit Racing LVLP spray gun - I have a 2hp shop compressor and it doesn't put out enough CFM for a HVLP (high volume low pressure) gun. The LVLP only uses 3 CFM at 30 psi and is great for primer.

2) Summit Racing Epoxy Primer & harder - I've done a lot of metal work to my firewall and overall engine compartment, and it's FINALLY time to cover up that bare metal with some primer.

3) body working supplies - filler, sand paper, stripper, respirator, etc.

4) New air tools! Body saw and mini grinder/cut-off wheel tool (forgot the actual name!)

To finish rebuilding/upgrading my front suspension:

1) 1" drop CJ pony parts coil springs.

2) Stock replacement coil spring saddles (still mulling over buying the daze DIY roller kit and converting these to roller :s)

3) Swaybar end links/bushings & paint for factory swaybar.

4) new wheel bearings, seals, races...

5) Camber kit from Open Tracker Racing

New plumbing maybe to include a fuel pump.

4 Barrel manifold and carb (may go used here), Headers too.

Couple new aftermarket seats.

Needs some trees cut down around the yard and if I can find someone to watch MA for a long weekend I sure would like a break.

I always end up having to sell stuff around tax time.
Ouch! Have more kids! I claim 2 kids which helps around tax time...But come to think of it, it doesn't really scratch the surface of what I'm paying!

I'm going to start another tread in a few years called "stuff I bought when I stopped paying for daycare". And let me tell you, the list will be LONG!

Last edited by a moderator:
Ouch! Have more kids! I claim 2 kids which helps around tax time...But come to think of it, it doesn't really scratch the surface of what I'm paying!

I'm going to start another tread in a few years called "stuff I bought when I stopped paying for daycare". And let me tell you, the list will be LONG!
My two kids help me break even at tax time. :)

And I'll be the first one to post on "Stuff I bought when I stopped paying for daycare"!! I pay more for it now than I pay for my mortgage every month...

My kids are all grown and gone so I don't get money back but at least I do NOT have to pay in

every year my tax returen gets spent on the Car, the boat and the kids.

This year I put in a New Kitchen insted, the car got some little things not much this year.

Here's my goodie list,

Pertronix Flame Thrower 2 billet distributor & coil (ponderosa mustang)

Rear leaf springs + hardware

2 armrests

Coil spring donut spacers (trying to keep headers from pounding to death)

Chrome mustang emblem horn button for Grant steering wheel

Heater core (non-ac)

Window felt kit

Mini triple gauge set (to mount in cubby hole in center of dash)

High torque mini starter

Very excited now just need to heal-up next 3 weels from hip surgury . ::chili::

I wish I was getting a return. Ole Uncle Sam is getting $2200.00 from me this year. :( I guess that is what I get for spending my IRA on my car and retiring but still working. Taxes killed me.

Finished paying off the shop for all the motor work just need to assemble, bought all the paint for the detail the engine compartment and accessories. Mine is all gone and now into other funds.

Back