'72 fastback sill plate size

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Danno

Reaction score
My Car
1972 Fastback, Sportsroof
I have sill plates that are too narrow. These are the ones that came with the car when I bought it. I read in a previous post about cardboard or something to fill that gap. Is that something I need to order or can I "adapt"? I have the interior gutted and do not remember any cardboard with the sill plate when I removed the interior. I remember my '66 actually attached on the sill and bent over into the car and was also attached there, and went the length of the sill opening.

I have sill plates that are too narrow. These are the ones that came with the car when I bought it. I read in a previous post about cardboard or something to fill that gap. Is that something I need to order or can I "adapt"? I have the interior gutted and do not remember any cardboard with the sill plate when I removed the interior. I remember my '66 actually attached on the sill and bent over into the car and was also attached there, and went the length of the sill opening.
Here are a few pixs, these came out of my 73 Coupe. I'm in the process of putting my interior back together. They do go under the sill plates and keep the wires in place.

DSCF7021.JPG

DSCF7022.JPG

Here are a few pixs, these came out of my 73 Coupe. I'm in the process of putting my interior back together. They do go under the sill plates and keep the wires in place.

What are they called, and can they be ad-libbed? Do they go over the edge into the car? I see the cut-outs for the screws. Thanks for the pictures.

I just measured mine and they are 2" wide.....is this correct? The screw holes are elongated, (looks original), but there is about a 1" gap between the inboard side of the plate when attached and the other edge of the opening. Like I said my '66 was bent so that some of the attach screws were on the inside of the car because it also secured the edges of the carpet.

Back