side stripes

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stebbsi

Reaction score
My Car
1971 Ford Mustang Coupe
Hi guys!

I´ve been researching side stripes on the 71-73 mustangs and I´m supprised to see that almost none of these cars have the so called "c-stripe" on the sides.

In my opinion the lines in the body are perfect for these stripes..

What do you guys think? Is there something I dont see that won´t look good? :p

70grabberSpecial.jpg

Kv.

Stefán

l like it! But I still think the mach stripes are better. But everyone has different tastes.

That's the beauty of restomodding, you can make your vehicle look however you want (or can afford) to make it.

I tell you, after over 40 years "in the hobby", it is really refreshing to see another generation getting into it and not necessarily for fiscal reasons. I don't have anything against restorers or numbers-matchers but I think there is plenty of room in the hobby for modifyers, hot rodders and racers.

To each his (or her) own!

BT

Try it and see how you like it unless you have the "finished" paint on the car.

The paint on my car is not all that nice so I am trying the ideas I want for the "finished" paint. Mask it off and buy some rattle cans and have at it!

I always liked the 1970 'Boss 302' stripes coming down off the hood.

I'll bet that would look pretty cool using the '71 Mach 1 hood template to start off the big center stripe, then a smaller stripe to wrap down to the fender in the typical 1970 'Boss 302' area (except with a Mach 1 logo in the break).

I don't see why the 'C' stripe won't look cool either.

I like the C stripes. Maybe someone could photoshop the C stripes on a picture of your car for you.

I THINK THE C STRIPE IS NICE AND I DONT KKNOW EXACTLY WHAT STRIPE MINE CAME WITH I BELEIVE IT WAS THE WIDE ON DOWN THE SIDE BUT ITS NOT FOR SALE AND I LIKE THE ONE THAT COMES UP AND GOES TOWARD THE BACK ALMOST TO A POINT I I HAVE THOUGHT ABOUT PAINTING THEM ON IT AND EVERY ONE KEEPS TELLING ME THAT IT WORTH MORE MONEY ORIGINAL AND I HAVE ALREADY CHANGED THE COLOR SO THE I WOULD RATHER BE HAPPY WITH WHAT I HAVE THAN CARE ABOUT WHAT ITS WORTH EVERY ONE HAS DIFFERENT TASTE

The way I see it, you only live once and if it's your ride, you do what you want to do. Whatever looks good to you, go with that. If it's worth something to you, then it's worth something, period.

We painted my 72 Coupe last month right before Thanksgiving. We originally were going to do Mach 1 stripes, but when we looked at it, we decided to go with the C stipes instead.

I am happy with the way they came out and wouldn't change a thing.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3004129/1972-ford-mustang/page-22

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3004129/1972-ford-mustang/page-24

Did I hear someone say C-stripes? Sounds like a good excuse for me to post yet another pic of my yellow beastie dancebanana dancebanana dancebanana :p

The stripes were put on by the previous owner so all credit (or blame) lies with him. It's not the traditional full size c-stripe, more like a kind of "tribute" striping instead that also incorporates the Mach 1 style lower sill stripe.

StangDec2012.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Back