Raising Seats

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I feel like I'm sitting so low compared to my 03 GT.

Has anyone here raised the fronts seats?
If you have a fastback, an easy way to raise them up would be to replace the seat pans with an aftermarket set for the coupe or convertible. They about 3/4" higher i believe and its very noticable. This is easy if you have a welder lol .

Watch out for rasing the seats if you got any tall freinds;)...Im 6'5" and with stock seat height my head just barly fits....and plus if you got stock steering wheel you will find not much room between it and your legs and the seat...Which i guess a small grant racing wheel would help with that issue...Only things i see wrong with raising the seats.

It's a convert, I'm 5'8", have a stock rimblow adjustable steering wheel and would like to raise them about 2".

Guess I'll mention it to my body shop guy next week.

Anything can be done. You could add spacers to the front and exended brackets on the rear angled mounts. I am 6'3" and sitting low in the car is one of the things I like. I did need to move the seats back 3" for more legroom... in the front! :D

I thought I misread this thread subject... I'd bet that most of us taller people actually prefer these cars to newer cars... I'm 6'4" and i feel like I'm climbing into a minivan when I get into my 2012 SHO (and hit my head once or twice a week).

Making spacers is probably the fastest and most reversible way of doing it, but it's probably also technically a safety violation (I wouldn't be surprised if a car here would fail a safety inspection).

Damned Dwarves!

I actually had some sparco seats fabricated but the issue for me is that i feel that my legs might just be to close to my steering wheel im probably going to re-fab them again. It will have to wait because im dieing to drive my car. Ive had it for about 15Yrs and this weekend will be the first time i actually get to drive it.

Just add spacers between the seat and the sliders with longer grade 8 bolts. Spacers between the floor and sliders would be too much work.

Back