New guy in NC with 71 Fastback

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thunderguns71

Reaction score
My Car
1971 Fastback small block, now 429.
My name is Sean and I just came across this site. Figured I'd join up since there isn't much 71-73 love on the internet. Guess I'll hang out and do some reading if that's okay. Anyways I've had my car since I was 15 (now 27) and just finished the restoration last summer. Minus a few odds and ends, it's done and I daily drive it just about everywhere. Started life as a 302, 3 speed manual, hardly any options car, and now it sports a warmed over 429 and C6. Thought hard about making it a Mach1, but decided a factory black Fastback was different. Also lowered it 2" front and rear. Hopefully a 5 or 6 speed is in it's future. Here's the car when I got it.

MustangOld-1.jpg

Now after more work than I care to remember lol....

MustangOne.jpg

MustangThree.jpg

Nice looking ride! Welcome from Chesapeake VA!

very sharp... When you say make it a mach1, are you referring to the stripes, the grille?, etc. I reckon yours will look extra mean with the mach1 grille. Just my 2 cents (including tax).

welcome home.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for all the welcomes!

Originally I had thought about making a Mach1 clone, with the Argent stripes, grill, etc, but after some thinking, I decided to keep it a plain fastback just because I don't see many, if any at all at the car shows. I kept the original Raven black, but added the Mach1 rear valance and exhaust tips just because I thought they looked better. I also thought about putting the front and rear spoilers back on, but the plain jane fastback look grew on me. Hopefully I can get some better pictures later. I must say though, I believe it's the last black car I'll ever do lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome from Fayetteville North Carolina. You have a truly beautiful looking car. Well Done.

-KR

Welcome from Virginia. Jump right in here and enjoy the site. Looking forward to hearing more about you and your sportsroof.

::welcome:: from Maine, nice lookin ride.

Welcome from UK/China. I wouldn't bother making a clone. It looks wickedly different as it is. Absolutely stunning!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back