• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to 7173 Mustangs.com and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

1971-1973 Fastback

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Super-Mustang

Reaction score
My Car
1978 Ford F-250
Hello,

I am looking for a 71-73 fastback, NOT one restored.

If you have one you want to sell or know where a decent one is please let me know!

Thanks!

Hello,

If you have one you want to sell or know where a decent one is please let me know!

Thanks!

fastback or mach 1?

project?

with / with out drive train?

price range?

Hello,

Thanks!

fastback or mach 1?

project?

with / with out drive train?

price range?
fastback or mach 1? Either

project? Yeah

with / with out drive train? Depends on price

price range? 0-5k

Thanks

You should be able to find some near you several have been posted on craigslist in your area.

Hi Super-Mustang,

I just picked up this one owner 73 Mach 1 "Q" code, 4 speed, 3.25 posi, A-C. Mostly complete with clear Maryland title and original paint but is a major restoration. The motor is apart, needs a front strut cross member and hood for starters. Came with a NOS lt. rear quarter and NOS lt. front fender that could go too. Drivers rear frame rail looked untouched from hit and floors looked solid while on trailer.

I didn't get a chance yet to go over thoroughly and see if restoreable but it probably would be. That's also when I'll decide on a price

If interested and you don't mind driving to near Washington, DC then e-mail me direct for more info and photos...thanx

012.JPG

009.JPG

017.JPG

028.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
It looks as if the unibody structure of the car remains square - note that the rear bumper bent to the left of its attachment point, which is a good sign that the framerail is not bent. Definitely not a beginner's job, but drive, determination, and good welding skills will bring it back.

Nevertheless, do keep in mind that a partial inner fender donor (the bit under the outer skin in the photo below) will be needed, as the structure on the inside extends to the damaged areas. I never even considered the potential for damage on this panel when I purchased my car (which took a similar hit to the RH side quarter), for not to many clear pictures exist on the internet that show what lurks under the outer skin.

I was lucky though, and the layers of the inner fender had encountered no damage:

71_mustang_136.jpg

-Kurt

Last edited by a moderator:
Back