And So The Journey Begins...

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scotty

Reaction score
My Car
1973 Q Code Mach 1
Hello folks. Just sharing a few photos as I start the work on my 73. I guess I am just a bit excited as something is finally happening. Pulled the engine and transmission today. Here are a few shots of the engine compartment. This car was oiled every year and the frame and under hood are in amazing structural condition. Anyway, just wanted to share. Hope the pics are good enough.

Pulled engine and Transmission.jpgEmpty Engine Compartment.jpgPassenger Side Engine Compartment.jpgDriver Side Engine Compartment.jpg

Wow! Nice looking. Wish mine looked like that when I tore her down. Looking forward to following your progress.

Great looking car! Love the colour. Looks like it is fantastic condition. Is it originally from Ontario?[/u]
Hello. My mechanic couldn't believe the condition when we found it. He first looked at the typical areas of trouble and hid his thought really well. Needless to say, I jumped on it. According to Marti, this car was built Dec 1972 and sold to Dearborn Motors in Kamloops, BC. I knew going in it was not matching engine, but I bought this to drive. Funny thing, I just noticed it was originally built with a Vinyl roof but didn't have one when I got it. Not sure of it's travels since 73, but I own it now and I am jacked to get this cleaned up and cruising this year. Planning to keep it mostly original. Not changing colour and leaving the interior as is since it's in good shape. Plan to clean up the engine compartment and dress it and the engine up so I can open the hood with a grin! Going to take care of the small body dents and then brand new fresh paint job, same colour. Engine going back in is a 351 CJ. The engine I pulled will get a once over and figure out what to do with it from there. Have no idea what has been done to it. I could go on forever but I bet everyone who is excited about getting their stang on the road is no different!

Cheers from Toronto, Canada.

Great looking car! Love the colour. Looks like it is fantastic condition. Is it originally from Ontario?[/u]
Hello. My mechanic couldn't believe the condition when we found it. He first looked at the typical areas of trouble and hid his thought really well. Needless to say, I jumped on it. According to Marti, this car was built Dec 1972 and sold to Dearborn Motors in Kamloops, BC. I knew going in it was not matching engine, but I bought this to drive. Funny thing, I just noticed it was originally built with a Vinyl roof but didn't have one when I got it. Not sure of it's travels since 73, but I own it now and I am jacked to get this cleaned up and cruising this year. Planning to keep it mostly original. Not changing colour and leaving the interior as is since it's in good shape. Plan to clean up the engine compartment and dress it and the engine up so I can open the hood with a grin! Going to take care of the small body dents and then brand new fresh paint job, same colour. Engine going back in is a 351 CJ. The engine I pulled will get a once over and figure out what to do with it from there. Have no idea what has been done to it. I could go on forever but I bet everyone who is excited about getting their stang on the road is no different!

Cheers from Toronto, Canada.
It sure looks like it's been well cared for. very nice looking Mustang, looking forward to seeing the end product!

Jim

Looks like a cleveland with a C6 and aftermarket intake?
Correct. Edelbrock. Curious to find out what has been done to the inside of this engine as that is a mystery today. Have another 351 CJ to drop in already.

Correct. Edelbrock. Curious to find out what has been done to the inside of this engine as that is a mystery today. Have another 351 CJ to drop in already.
Hope it is not like mine;) I opened mine up for the first time in 15 years....and i found a rag in my oil galley some one left in the motor!! then i figured out some idiot did not even cross hatch the cilinders...they just honed...ate my rings up...but took a long time...good thing i didnt drive the hell out of it as a kid..lol

Hope it is not like mine;) I opened mine up for the first time in 15 years....and i found a rag in my oil galley some one left in the motor!! then i figured out some idiot did not even cross hatch the cilinders...they just honed...ate my rings up...but took a long time...good thing i didnt drive the hell out of it as a kid..lol
So your saying the engine was ragged out?rofl

Back