'72 cowl vent cover

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Danno

Reaction score
My Car
1972 Fastback, Sportsroof
Is there a plastic cover for the fresh air openings in front of the windshield on a '72? I vacuumed out the plenium that leads to the top hat fresh air vents on each side and can see that they are rusted. I don't want to tackle a full blown cowl vent repair right now. Surprisingly I have no floor rust.

I remember my '66 notch back had a plastic cover that fit over the air vents that could be installed for washing the car, or if you got caught in a rain storm. These vents were in the open and the ones on my '72 are under the hood when it is closed, ( as everyone knows) so it may not be as bad.

Sounds like your looking for something temporary. You might try the magnetic material that is used to make signs for the side of cars, like you would see a real estate agent use. It should lay right over the holes if you remove the plastic grills (I think that Marks73 is referring to the plastic grills) Maybe go to a sign shop and see what they have. Just a thought!

I was going to make plexi glass ones and mount them from the inside, so they cant be seen, and not let water in either.

in the 12 yrs we've had the car I have used the Fresh air vents once, for heat to defrost the windows.

I have an extra set if your interested.
Do you mean covers or the grills that cover the openings? I have the grills.

Sounds like your looking for something temporary. You might try the magnetic material that is used to make signs for the side of cars, like you would see a real estate agent use. It should lay right over the holes if you remove the plastic grills (I think that Marks73 is referring to the plastic grills) Maybe go to a sign shop and see what they have. Just a thought!
Great idea, thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back