Leaf Springs

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1973 Mustang Convertible (Mach I Tribute)
I'm thinking about changing the leaf springs as the back sits just a little low.

But some items of my DIY days are gone and that would include changing the leak springs.

Any idea what it would cost? I also figure that I might be better off going to a Midas or Meineke shop. Only because if I go to my local shop they're going to add on a parts charge since they don't stock the springs.

I just feel that the local is charging a high enough price for labor. Why should they make money on parts also.

Buy the springs yourself. If you don't want to pay a shop to install them. Stand in the driveway running your pnuematic impact with a case of beer sitting there and I gaurentee men will show up to help change those springs. :)

Buy the springs yourself. If you don't want to pay a shop to install them. Stand in the driveway running your pnuematic impact with a case of beer sitting there and I gaurentee men will show up to help change those springs. :)
+ 1 on the beer ;)

Seriously, you can get the springs that raise the rear 1", U bolts, bushings and shackles for around $220.00. Half day with few basic tools and you could have it done. I was able to do this by myself and thought my DIY days were past too.

-jbojo

Back