Help Identify a piece please

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a damaged interior piece, part of the dash on the drivers side, it is the metal panal that the light switch and windshield wiper is mounted the dash frame?? Mine has a huge dent from my knee eating it in a wreck years ago,, the knee recovered the dash never has.

I have a damaged interior piece, part of the dash on the drivers side, it is the metal panal that the light switch and windshield wiper is mounted the dash frame?? Mine has a huge dent from my knee eating it in a wreck years ago,, the knee recovered the dash never has.
So you need a new piece?

That metal panel with the light switch i believe is part of the whole frame that holds in all your speedo and gages...I think you would have to replace the whole frame.."unless your good at metal work"...Which i seen them on ebay for pretty cheap...Some one on here mite have one too.

Repair is probably best bet

If you decide to replace it I have several

You'll find it's easier than you think to pull the dash. Unfortunately you may get bit by the "while I'm at it I might as well....." bug.

Definitely pull the frame. You can work the dent from the back side on the bench.

Sooo I am planning on doing the Rocketman Tach conversion,,, perhaps installing a Center Gauge Panel, also would like to replace the dash trim bezel on the passengers side that has the little seatbelt light with one that does not,,, and I could be pulling the dash frame,,,could be a busy summer.

Back