Manual Transmission Guys

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
My Car
67 357Magnum Cougar
66 Mustang FB
Hello Gents,

I found this site looking at a post about our hydraulic clutch systems and thought I would stay for the ride. We have a ton of experience with manual transmissions, clutches, flywheels and all things manual transmission (especially TREMEC stuff) and would be happy to help anyone here with transmission related tech questions, fitment issues and the like.

The company has a couple of ponies in the stable, our 1967 357Magnum Cougar with a built 351C and a TREMEC Magnum 6-Speed and a 1966 289 Fastback that we are starting on in the spring.

Per my hydraulic post, if anyone has a 71-73 in the neighborhood (middle Tennessee between Knoxville and Nashville) and would like to add a hydraulic clutch swap to their car, we are interested in doing the install and taking some important notes to help the 71-73 community.

In the mean time, pick our brains anytime. There is not much there, but what there is will be full-up with knowledge on gearboxes. We look forward to helping out.

Hello Gents,

I found this site looking at a post about our hydraulic clutch systems and thought I would stay for the ride. We have a ton of experience with manual transmissions, clutches, flywheels and all things manual transmission (especially TREMEC stuff) and would be happy to help anyone here with transmission related tech questions, fitment issues and the like.

The company has a couple of ponies in the stable, our 1967 357Magnum Cougar with a built 351C and a TREMEC Magnum 6-Speed and a 1966 289 Fastback that we are starting on in the spring.

Per my hydraulic post, if anyone has a 71-73 in the neighborhood (middle Tennessee between Knoxville and Nashville) and would like to add a hydraulic clutch swap to their car, we are interested in doing the install and taking some important notes to help the 71-73 community.

In the mean time, pick our brains anytime. There is not much there, but what there is will be full-up with knowledge on gearboxes. We look forward to helping out.

oh shoot, its an opportunity for somebody to get a very cheap hydraulic set up in their big bodied mustang!

I HOPE SOMEBODY IS FROM TN around here? if not, i'm sure there haves to be somebody around though.

Hello Gents,

oh shoot, its an opportunity for somebody to get a very cheap hydraulic set up in their big bodied mustang!

I HOPE SOMEBODY IS FROM TN around here? if not, i'm sure there haves to be somebody around though.
I am sure someone from around these parts will jump on board. Cheap is a great bait, and having someone else do the work ought to bring in anyone from a long way off. We have been sending these things our and letting the folks do a little fab work on the pedal, but it would be much better to send out a turn-key solution like we do for earlier cars. If there is a better place to find someone than this forum I sure can't think of it.

i've emailed mustang steve before at www.mustangsteve.com before about his clutch roller bearings and he said they will work on his set up for our cars. when i pulled my automatic clutch pedal assy and compared it to my new manual pedal assy, there was no difference between the two besides the manual assy having the bushings for the clutch pedal. the auto assy has a a weird shaped hole in there, and mustang steve said he can weld his roller bearings in that applicable hole to make his bearing work.

however, this is all useless unless you guys do make the new clutch pedal. however another company already does and they have no competition for our cars as far as price so it'll get interesting if you guys can also produce the clutch pedal.

alot of the 71-73 mustang guy want to go to manual transmission but its hard to find the assembly and if we do its expensive. so here is a good alternative.

if somebody finally gets that bracket or pedal done, i'm all balls in on the hydraulic kit. i'm going to like the feel of no maintenance clutch instead of the cable set up.

i've emailed mustang steve before at www.mustangsteve.com before about his clutch roller bearings and he said they will work on his set up for our cars. when i pulled my automatic clutch pedal assy and compared it to my new manual pedal assy, there was no difference between the two besides the manual assy having the bushings for the clutch pedal. the auto assy has a a weird shaped hole in there, and mustang steve said he can weld his roller bearings in that applicable hole to make his bearing work.

however, this is all useless unless you guys do make the new clutch pedal. however another company already does and they have no competition for our cars as far as price so it'll get interesting if you guys can also produce the clutch pedal.

alot of the 71-73 mustang guy want to go to manual transmission but its hard to find the assembly and if we do its expensive. so here is a good alternative.

if somebody finally gets that bracket or pedal done, i'm all balls in on the hydraulic kit. i'm going to like the feel of no maintenance clutch instead of the cable set up.
Heck, Oxnard is just a short drive from Tennessee. Come on over! :D

We can make the pedals, just need an OE set to start with. All the pedals we sell use OE bearings (bushings) so as not to complicate things.

ok, who has a clutch pedal laying around so they can send it in to get repop'ed?

i'm sure somebody has one that is just sitting in the car and the car isn't running quite yet.

ok, who has a clutch pedal laying around so they can send it in to get repop'ed?

i'm sure somebody has one that is just sitting in the car and the car isn't running quite yet.

any takers?

Last edited:
Welcome to the forums! Glad to have you aboard!

::welcome::

I also have my pedals out for any repop work they would like to do

Knoxville tn
Looks like something just fell in your lap!:rolleyes:
No reply so we will see:angel:
Keep us informed, as this may be promising... I have an automatic setup and thought an AOD may be nice when the time comes, but a 6 speed could be alot of fun!

Looks like something just fell in your lap!:rolleyes:
No reply so we will see:angel:
Keep us informed, as this may be promising... I have an automatic setup and thought an AOD may be nice when the time comes, but a 6 speed could be alot of fun!
Will do. I put the offer out there we will see if something can be worked out.

i mention mustang steve's bearings because i don't believe the bushings for our years are available either.

ditch the aod option, stay tuned here and a clutch pedal, hydraulic clutch set up will be in the works baby.

i wouldn't mind a 6spd but i didn't want to cut up the trans tunnel just for another OD. and i believe that additional OD is almost useless because its a .50 to 1 ratio. i stuck with the tko600 and just 1 OD with a .64 to 1.

i mention mustang steve's bearings because i don't believe the bushings for our years are available either.

ditch the aod option, stay tuned here and a clutch pedal, hydraulic clutch set up will be in the works baby.

i wouldn't mind a 6spd but i didn't want to cut up the trans tunnel just for another OD. and i believe that additional OD is almost useless because its a .50 to 1 ratio. i stuck with the tko600 and just 1 OD with a .64 to 1.
I will be running a top loader 4 speed on my end

any takers?
I have the car and I have the clutch pedal / brake pedal assembly setting on the shelf waiting for the swap ! I will be happy to make the tow to your place! "i'LL be your Huckelberry"!

Mustang 2.jpg

any takers?
I have the car and I have the clutch pedal / brake pedal assembly setting on the shelf waiting for the swap ! I will be happy to make the tow to your place! "i'LL be your Huckelberry"!
Now E you would not do me that way now would you?

any takers?
Only IF I could get away with it!!:D

Mustang 4 (2).jpg

Only IF I could get away with it!!:D
rofl I like that atleast I know whereI stand LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back