new TMI sport seat foam & covers

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
72 convert 351c
TMI made the med blue tonneau cover i bought for my 72 vert. i have received nothing but compliments, and even I have to say it is really nice. i have the original and it is better constructed than OEM and the color is perfect. I mean it is really spot on, even in direct sunlight. As a result i am willing to give them more of my money, but thought i would ask if anyone has tried their new Sport Seat version of our front seats? i know they have been offering them for a while, but the distributors dont really know anything about them. Also, i have the med blue deluxe with comfort weave, which means that the original seats allowed water to go racing into the foam if you ever left the top down and it rained. They offer Mach I styles and the plain versions and the Deluxe with a "corinthian" insert rather than the factory comfort weave. so, have anyone seen/tried the new sport seat foam and covers? If so how is the comfort? They look like the seats Ford should have offered in our cars. my original seats are flat and low.

i like don at ohio mustang seat covers,the color and fabric just pop,i have not seen the tmi ones maybe someone else here will jump on and let you know good luck.

I have a complete TMI sport seat foam and deluxe two tone interior ready to install on my car as soon as the builder decides that everything is to his liking mechanically. I elected to get the comfort weave insets on the seats (white) with blue (Corinthian) on the outside. I purchased everythhig from TMI to include the door panels, center console front and back seats. I'm just waiting while he gets the carb adjusted just right.:whistling: Everything I have heard about TMI was positive and it looks great, I'll let everyone see how it comes out when I get it installed, and yes I will have pictures.

I still have my original comfort weave in my vert. The purpose of the comfort weave in the convert was to let the seat breath to keep the sweat down, especially if you have the top down and don't have AC. But I guess it would let the rain soak through if you leave the top down!

I wonder if you can request a sample swatch from TMI or one of the vendors?

I wonder if you can request a sample swatch from TMI or one of the vendors?
I still have my orig comfortweave, and the drivers seat is worn out, I found actual comfortweave @ $127 per yard.

and I did recive samples from TMI about 6 months ago, they sell the simulated stuff by the yard also @ $40

but if you put it side by side it looks nothing alike, its comfortweave texture stamped into a single color vinyl.

it looks good if you replace the whole interior, below is a car I saw @ a car show.

20120722_144030.jpg

20120722_144025.jpg

O-rex, sounds like a first class restoration, best of luck wih the install, i look forward to hearing what you think of the increased padding and thicker bolstered buckets on the sport version compared to the standard seats. The pics on the TMI site make it look almost like a Recaro seat. Ole Pony, the company did send me a sample of the material before i bought the cover. You can see in the pics sent by Imusa76 that their med blue is a great match to what our cars came wih from the factory.

I have heard positives and negatives regarding the sport seat. I wish I could sit in one before making a decision. That is the same with the aftermarket seat options. I had the opportunity to sit in some of the Scat options and found the ones that fit my budget did not fit my butt.

I received a sample swatch of the original comfort weave, it was right on, but expensive. I'm still going to hold off a while on my seats. Here are my originals:

P4150129.jpg

P4150128.jpg

OP, my interior looks identical, down to the wrapped steering wheel, excapt in med blue. Have you ever considered switching to the faux woodgrain center dash piece to match the door inserts? They are available new from the usual distributors. I thought it might brighten up the very dark camera case finish the cars came with.

Got my seat foam and covers from Don of OMS a few years back.

When I bought the car it still had the original cloth seat covers which

I kept. The driver's seat was shot but the other two are in excellent

condition. Don's seats have nice fit and finish And more importantly,

color match the rest of the interior including the console paint and carpet all purchased from separate vendors.

mike

HPIM2877.JPG

I was thinking maybe next year depending on my spending $$$, I will update the all the seats (so it matches) and save the originals, its only the drivers seat that is worn (just the confortweave on the base).

my wife said just get the correct comfortweave so it looks right, we'll see next year, and then its only the drivers seat base I have to fix.

OP, my interior looks identical, down to the wrapped steering wheel, excapt in med blue. Have you ever considered switching to the faux woodgrain center dash piece to match the door inserts? They are available new from the usual distributors. I thought it might brighten up the very dark camera case finish the cars came with.
Sounds like a good idea, but so far I have kept the original look of the car since it was new, except for the clear coat paint. The big thing for me is the nostalgia since I have owned it since 1974.

color match the rest of the interior including the console paint and carpet all purchased from separate vendors.

mike
goodnigh i like the woodpanel gauge cluster. that part is available but not the gauges. even if i try aftermarket gauges, the rear bezel is not available! rare piece you have there!

mike
Looks like your seats turned out great!

mike
goodnigh i like the woodpanel gauge cluster. that part is available but not the gauges. even if i try aftermarket gauges, the rear bezel is not available! rare piece you have there!
Got all that from Don of OMS including the gauges.

Yes, rare parts as these are OEM gauges.

Besides what is listed on his online store www.ohiomustang.com Don

also has other "parts". Just bought a mint condition 3.50 Trac-lok

pumpkin.

mike

mike
Got all that from Don of OMS including the gauges.

Yes, rare parts as these are OEM gauges.

Besides what is listed on his online store www.ohiomustang.com Don

also has other "parts". Just bought a mint condition 3.50 Trac-lok

pumpkin.

mike

Last edited by a moderator:
Back