Help and advice with paint and body please??????

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mach 1
Hi guys I’m hoping someone here can help me out. I have gotten screwed over put on hold lost friendships and thousands of dollars. Long story short the friends I’ve trusted to paint my car has put me off for over a year. A few years ago I had them paint under my hood so I could put the motor in and have been waiting ever since. Look on facebook and one of their race team mates has my exact color and paint scheme on his car. After he saw mine under the hood and liked the color I got put on hold for over a year being told they don’t have time family problems and bla bla bla you know the drill. Only to find out this car is done and looks great. I desperately need a painter I can trust near Roanoke VA. I have gotten so burnt out I’m thinking of selling the car and let someone else deal with it.

You will just have to do some research to find a good one. Unfortunately friends don't always treat you fair. Just make sure you see their work, ask questions like warranty, brand of paint, time frame to completion, and most important price. If you can, talk to their customers.

You will just have to do some research to find a good one. Unfortunately friends don't always treat you fair. Just make sure you see their work, ask questions like warranty, brand of paint, time frame to completion, and most important price. If you can, talk to their customers.
Thanks, Ive done that around here and they have all came back like a horror story of body shop prison

In my daily "nine-to-five", I visit body and mechanical shops within all of SW PA. Very conservatively saying, I've been in hundreds of 'em. Lots of them, many times.

I see and hear those stories first hand.

Some, unfortunately a very small percentage, are success stories. Very impressive success stories. And it takes a lot to truly impress me.

I often wonder where I would take my project, if needed, to be finished. I'd really have to think about it. A lot.

Have patience. Ask lots of questions. Check out completed jobs and ask more questions to the customers. It's not an easy decision.

What stage is the body at ? Is it ready for paint or is it do the body work too? Is it do the assembly also ? Post up some pics of what it looks like & what you need done..I might be able to help..

Last edited by a moderator:
So whats in primer already is set to go ? 2k it.. block & paint ? Has the nose been fitted..hood installed..bumper..grille..etc. ? Has the rear window & trim been fitted too ? Has all the trim been fitted ? Also when the car was soda blasted what procedure & products were used including the primer..

What stage is the body at ? Is it ready for paint or is it do the body work too? Is it do the assembly also ? Post up some pics of what it looks like & what you need done..I might be able to help..
You should jump on this offer...and fast

The only thing in prime was the car. It has had no work or blocking done just one coat of a ppg primer. I have the receipts for it at the house. After soda blasting the car was power washed and scrubbed with vinegar and hot water then power washed again. Nothing has been done prep wise other then blasting to the rest of the parts. Hood is new in the box along with weather stripping, no fitting has been done to anything to get the lines straight. I work second shift if you would like to call the best time to get me is around noon.

Just wanna add that I know nothing about body work so something I might say looks ok might be crappy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back