Doug and my 71 Mach 1 Fastback

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

doug71mach1

Reaction score
My Car
1971 For Mustang Mach 1 Fastback, 351C V8
Hello there everyone. My name is Doug. I am 23 Years Old and I inherited a '71 Ford Mustang Mach 1 Fastback with a 351C from my Uncle 3 years ago when he passed away. I am just getting around to restoring it and am trying to make it into a custom performance car. Was gonna go back to original color (grabber blue) but engine block is not original so I am going to do what I want to do with it. :cool:

Anyways here are two pics of how the car looked when I got it

6nuu6u.jpg

x208w7.jpg

For those further interested here are links to my facebook albums where my restoration progressis being documented. :D

After I obtained car!

Fender Removal

Engine Removal

Engine Bay Restoration

Cowl and Firewall Restoration

After the Cowl and Bay are complete it will be off to Floor Pans, Rear Quarter Panels, and a new Trunk Floor and she will be ready for paint which I am going with a Black with green metallics in it so it will pop when the sun hits her.

Thanks for your time and thank you for such an awesome forum.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Doug! Welcome from West Texas! Looks like you've been busy at it already. I've been through repairing my cowl and front clip as well - looks like you're off to a great start! (I wasn't lucky enough to have the Dynacorn cowl pieces though - good for you!)

Love the Centerlines! Keep us posted with your progress - we love pictures!

Welcome from Arkansas. You going to go back with a 71 grill?
yup going back to 71 style grille with a RAM Air setup instead of cutting a hole in my brand new hood.

11666_10151541269973338_1994612824_n.jpg

Hey Doug! Welcome from West Texas! Looks like you've been busy at it already. I've been through repairing my cowl and front clip as well - looks like you're off to a great start! (I wasn't lucky enough to have the Dynacorn cowl pieces though - good for you!)

Love the Centerlines! Keep us posted with your progress - we love pictures!
yeah i was looking through your pics and holy crap you had to do a massive overhaul. Mine was originally from Maryland but I am fortunate that there was hardly any major rust on the difficult pieces of the car. Here is a recently taken photo. Front end is done, ready for primer and paint. :)

563675_10151600193633338_1175336637_n.jpg

11273_10151539411968338_807549480_n.jpg

Hi Doug and ::welcome:: to the forum from Luxembourg, Europe.

Looks better with the 71 grille and the NASA hood.

Hi Doug: Good to see another Floridian on this website. Welcome from across Tampa Bay in St. Petersburg. I'll be over there in Tampa tomorrow; one day in the future, I will see your Mach 1 and dressed up and ready to go.

Welcome from Las Vegas! Keep up the good work!

Welcome from Long Island New York!! beautiful car, cant wait to see the finished product!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back