What are you listening to?!

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

downwardspiral

Reaction score
My Car
1973 Mach 1
2011 Mustang GT- Vortech v3 kit, custom tune and intake. MT ET Street slicks. Goes good
04 Mountaineer - daily
I understand a few of us are into music, what is everyone into lately? I've been listening to Meshuggah (songs to check out: Bleed, Stengah, Straws Pulled at Random), Frank Zappa (Black Page #2, Peaches en Regalia, Montana) and Tool (Ticks and Leeches, Rosetta Stoned, Triad) . Keyboard cat is pretty amazing too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well for those who saw my bands video in the video gallery this won't come as a surprise.I am into old school thrash metal from the 80"s bands like Destruction ,Celtic Frost, and Razor.Also 80's hardcore Crumbsuckers ,Hype,Agnostic Front and D.R.I. Late 70's punk all the way to today in almost all it's formats. From the Ramones & G.B.H. to Extreme Noise Terror And Sore Throat . {gotta love the names. No mystery as to what this sounds like haha.}

Motorhead is a big one along with classic rock or metal like Black Sabbath, Ozzy, Judas Priest and Alice Cooper.I own over 250 vinyles {the plastic discs that used a needle to read the music for all the younger folk out there :D.And me and my girlfriend collectively own around 500 cd's. I will not burn music if I can avoid it. I try to always buy it unless something is really hard to find. But feel free to download my band anytime hahaha.The basic reason I buy is because I collect. So I want the lyrics and all the stuff that comes with it .

I used to DJ for 10 years...so I'll listen to just about anything. I gotta say that Country is at the bottom of the list though. No offense to anyone, but I can only take so much of losing my pick up truck, my wife, my dog. LOL

I do prefer edgy rock some heavy metal and even some alternative rock.

I know you probably won't believe it, but right now my iPOD has some of the best 80's music made (The Fixx, U2, The Smiths, REM (I could play and sing every song off of "Life's Rich Pageant" and "Murmur" before I had a run in with throat cancer last February), The Plimsouls, INXS (before they became famous), etc. And sitting right next to them is a bunch of old country stuff (Jim Reeves, Eddy Arnold, Porter Wagner, and more). I grew up in small towns in Montana, without any FM stations within range, so I guess I'm returning to my roots in some ways.

Anyway, that kind of describes me - very eclectic, and somewhat old. :D

Doc

Eclectic! That's a good description of me too!

This post is right up my alley! My wife is a HUGE U2 fan, so I've grown to love them, but my all time favorite band has to be the Red Hot Chilli Peppers. For the last couple of years have really been listening to alot of alternative indie music am into bands like Silversun Pickups, Bon Iver, Bowerbirds, Beck, Snow Patrol, Franz Ferdinand, etc. Growing up in the 90's made me a big fan of that era's music as well - Counting Crows, Gin Blossoms, Bush, Foo Fighters... I'm also a hip-hop/rap fan, and like old country (Johnny Cash era) and can't stand new country.

This post is right up my alley! My wife is a HUGE U2 fan, so I've grown to love them, but my all time favorite band has to be the Red Hot Chilli Peppers. For the last couple of years have really been listening to alot of alternative indie music am into bands like Silversun Pickups, Bon Iver, Bowerbirds, Beck, Snow Patrol, Franz Ferdinand, etc. Growing up in the 90's made me a big fan of that era's music as well - Counting Crows, Gin Blossoms, Bush, Foo Fighters... I'm also a hip-hop/rap fan, and like old country (Johnny Cash era) and can't stand new country.
Cool. Music, IT careers, etc. Some neat threads that connect Mustang enthusiasts. Glad to be part of it.

Doc

I range anywhere from classical to heavy metal, alternative to new age, and pretty much everything in between. About the only stuff I won't listen to is the really heavy gangsta rap and the really twangy country. (Hey, if Heavy D and Dwight Yoakum got together to make an album, would it be called "CRap?")

My collection spans from A-ha, to ZZ Top, Yanni, to AC/DC, to Linkin Park, to Bach, to Van Halen, to the Blue Devils Drum & Bugle Corps, to Depeche Mode, to VNV Nation, to Art of Noise, to Saliva, and back around again to BuckCherry (which I've had the '15' CD in the Ram's stereo for the past few months).

I also play Euphonium, Trombone, and Tuba (although, not at the same time) for the San Angelo Community Band and Ice House Brass Band.

Took the wife to the Scorpions concert in San Antonio last month, where RATT opened for them. Great show... although, RATT's sounding old... or at least Steve Pearcy is. ;)

I range anywhere from classical to heavy metal, alternative to new age, and pretty much everything in between. About the only stuff I won't listen to is the really heavy gangsta rap and the really twangy country. (Hey, if Heavy D and Dwight Yoakum got together to make an album, would it be called "CRap?")

My collection spans from A-ha, to ZZ Top, Yanni, to AC/DC, to Linkin Park, to Bach, to Van Halen, to the Blue Devils Drum & Bugle Corps, to Depeche Mode, to VNV Nation, to Art of Noise, to Saliva, and back around again to BuckCherry (which I've had the '15' CD in the Ram's stereo for the past few months).

I also play Euphonium, Trombone, and Tuba (although, not at the same time) for the San Angelo Community Band and Ice House Brass Band.

Took the wife to the Scorpions concert in San Antonio last month, where RATT opened for them. Great show... although, RATT's sounding old... or at least Steve Pearcy is. ;)
Dang, and I called MYSELF ecclectic! :)

Sounds like you've got all bases covered with your collection, Eric. Cool stuff.

Doc

don't know where the other thread with videos is when I search for it it comes up empty . but here is my new fave zz top song.

My favorite music revolves around guitar. And i love distinctive guitar. My three favorite:

Pink Floyd

Neil Young

Dire Straits

Each of these have very unique guitar techniques. And each has many tracks that deeply move me

Fourth place has nothing to do with guitar, but still moves me.... Moody Blues

Tied for fifth...

Eagles

Fleetwood Mac

Doors

Many others

Back