jbojo's Marti report

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice options, do you still have the 8 track radio in it?
Yeah, but only 4 tapes :( I am replacing it with a modern retro style that can play MP3's. Also tinkering with installing a computer, I set a mouse by it to give perspective of size. I'll run Win 7 and is powered by 12VDC. Small enough to mount behind the dash so it can't be seen. Will use wireless mouse and KB to control it with.

IMG_2086.JPG

IMG_2087.JPG

Good looking car...built in June like mine. I saw that it has the GW interior, is it still original as I could really use a pic or two of it.

I thought all the 4v cars had hood locks? Also, does your car have turn downs or mach tips?

Thanks much and good luck.

Jeff

[email protected]

Thx Jeff,

It had turndowns but it's going to have a 2 1/2 inch exhaust with tips when I am done. Interior is out now but I believe that I have pics of the interior, which views do you want to see and I can post them.

It did not have hood locks when I bought it in 73, I just bought it off the lot like that.

I have a build going in the 71-73 Mustang Talk section tittled Bojo's 73 Project if you haven't seen it yet. Might have the pics you need there. Let me know if I can help you with anything.

-jbojo

Thanks...I will look in your build thread. Was looking for a pic of front and rear seat upholstery. Also, you said your car had turn downs...did it have the cutouts or NO cutouts on the rear valance?

Jeff

Good looking car...built in June like mine. I saw that it has the GW interior, is it still original as I could really use a pic or two of it.

I thought all the 4v cars had hood locks? Also, does your car have turn downs or mach tips?

Thanks much and good luck.

Jeff

[email protected]

Thx Jeff,

It had turndowns but it's going to have a 2 1/2 inch exhaust with tips when I am done. Interior is out now but I believe that I have pics of the interior, which views do you want to see and I can post them.

It did not have hood locks when I bought it in 73, I just bought it off the lot like that.

I have a build going in the 71-73 Mustang Talk section tittled Bojo's 73 Project if you haven't seen it yet. Might have the pics you need there. Let me know if I can help you with anything.

-jbojo

Thanks...I will look in your build thread. Was looking for a pic of front and rear seat upholstery. Also, you said your car had turn downs...did it have the cutouts or NO cutouts on the rear valance?

Jeff

No cutouts, I purchased another valance with the cutouts for the exhaust mod. I'll post pics for you of the front and rear seats in the other thread if there aren't any there already

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi, do you still have the Q code engine?

Mine has been removed, well, the heads for sure, by 2V's...

Somehow I missed seeing your Marti Report. Very nice white on white Mach 1. I like the cleanness of that look. It has very nice options for a stock order. The dealer wanted an upscale car on the lot. When you bought it were there many other heavily optioned cars available? Tell what you remember if you don't mind. This is one of my favorite topics in recreating the history of our cars. Hmm, maybe I should start a thread about it. ;)

Somehow I missed seeing your Marti Report. Very nice white on white Mach 1. I like the cleanness of that look. It has very nice options for a stock order. The dealer wanted an upscale car on the lot. When you bought it were there many other heavily optioned cars available? Tell what you remember if you don't mind. This is one of my favorite topics in recreating the history of our cars. Hmm, maybe I should start a thread about it. ;)
Don,

I remember driving by the dealer one evening and I saw it parked on the roadside display and knew I wanted it. It was towards the end of the model yr, Sept I believe, and I had been wanting a Mustang. I read that for 74 it was going to be the Mustang II so this was my last chance to get a full size one so I pulled the trigger on it. If I remember correctly there were no other heavily optioned ones available as I wanted the 4 sp tranny and there were only 2 MACH 1's left. They did have a 2V Ram Air one but just didn't like that one. I test drove both of them but the 4V one has so much more performance and went with that one. I had been going to that dealer looking for a car and was also considering a Gran Torino Sport and then this one showed up one day.

-jbojo

I got the Elite report today so I now have the car statistics. It turns out to be a 1/1 car.

Of the

134,867 1973 Mustangs

35,439 were Mach 1's. Of them

9885 came with 351-4V Engines.

6568 of those came with C6 Automatic Transmissions.

665 of them were painted white, of which

148 had White Knitted Vinyl Bucket Seats. Of those,

68 were equipped with Forged Aluminum Wheels.

41 of them came with Sport Deck Rear Seats. Of those,

23 were produced with AM/8-Track Stereo Radios.

22 of those had Air Conditioners. Of them,

16 were ordered with the convenience Group.

11 of these came with Bumper Rub Strips, of which

5 had Leather-Wrapped steering Wheels.

1 of them came with Standard Winshield Wipers

3F05QXXXXXX is that Mustang

-jbojo

Last edited by a moderator:
Cool! A 1 of 1 stock ordered car. That makes it even rarer.

Thanks for posting this. Also thanks for the history of finding your car.

Back