My marti report.

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1972 Mustang Sportsroof
2010 Mustang GT
I don't plan on returning this car to stock, but I thought it would be fun to see how it came from the factory. I'm glad to see I actually have everything the car came with, except the white vinyl roof! I had no idea it came with that.

I ordered the elite report so I will get the rest of it sometime later, with that the detailed statistics. I can't imagine that many sportsroof cars came with a white vinyl top.

Wouahh your car was well optioned, and still have those.

If you decide to sell it, send it in a container to me :) I should be very happy :)

Hi Buddy,

Nice options on your car...I bet the white vinyl top puts it in a 1 of 1 category. You don't see hardly any of them around.

Hyena429 has one with an original white vinyl top but is not on car now. Mine came with a black vinyl top. I have been collecting pics of cars with them so I can get it installed back to original when I get there.

Jeff

Does anyone on this site have a white vinyl roof on a sportsroof/mach 1?

Yes I am doing some searches now and can't even find one with a white top. Very interesting.

Also, just thought I'd mention my car has the turn down exhaust pipes, without cutouts in the rear valence. I know there is a thread right now talking about this.

Oh and one more thing. Does the NASA hood show up on the Marti report? Was it standard with the 351 4v? It is not on my Marti report so I was curious. I plan on getting the Eminger invoice so I will know everything about this car.

Last edited by a moderator:
Definately nice options,If you see my marti ,I think I 've got the plainest optioned mach here.Mine shows no ram air hood either.

A well optioned sportroof I would say! I believe your car would have came with a flat hood. The NASA hood would show on the Marti report as an option. Still a very cool car to have. I have a 72 H code Mach 1 that was grabber blue with white vinyl top and white sports interior.

Yup...Mine come originaly with a white top...But mine is a mach 1...So your is the only sportsroof i know with a white top so far.....really quite rare...And i think for a sportsroof it would say nasa hood on your report if it come with it originaly.

If you can afford it...I would get the break down from Marti and a Eminger report...Your order type stock is great too...noticed how long it sat on the lot..till the mustang ii's started too roll out...She was most likely a showroom car for display and sold when new stock showed up.

Yup...Mine come originaly with a white top...But mine is a mach 1...So your is the only sportsroof i know with a white top so far.....really quite rare...And i think for a sportsroof it would say nasa hood on your report if it come with it originaly.

If you can afford it...I would get the break down from Marti and a Eminger report...Your order type stock is great too...noticed how long it sat on the lot..till the mustang ii's started too roll out...She was most likely a showroom car for display and sold when new stock showed up.
I actually ordered the Elite report, so I will get the statistics in the mail when I get home. I will also get the Eminger report when I get home also, as I have to send them a copy of my title to get it.

Did 351 CJ cars come with the NASA hood standard? I think I read that somewhere.

I'm doing research trying to find the dealership it was sold at.

EDIT: I found a newspaper article about the grand opening of the dealership my car was sold at. Jack Yarber Ford opened in 1968, it had one of the factory Cobra Jet race cars in the showroom. The driver of the Cobra Jet, Dave Campbell, was the shop foreman of the dealership. Very interesting. Also, I have found that a club called the "Ford Drag Racing Club" used this dealership as their meeting spot. Also, Jack Yarber may have ran a Boss car in the Trans Am series. Still researching.

http://newspaperarchive.com/athens-news-courier/1968-11-21/page-1

Yes I am doing some searches now and can't even find one with a white top. Very interesting.

Also, just thought I'd mention my car has the turn down exhaust pipes, without cutouts in the rear valence. I know there is a thread right now talking about this.

Oh and one more thing. Does the NASA hood show up on the Marti report? Was it standard with the 351 4v? It is not on my Marti report so I was curious. I plan on getting the Eminger invoice so I will know everything about this car.
Widowmaker00 - Really neat sportsroof!

to the best of my understanding:

As for the exhausts - - that is correct for a 72 Q code car.

And for the same car - the ram air hood with small plastic blockoff plates mounted just inside the scoops is also correct. There was no under hood ram air pieces installed for that car.

Ray

Widowmaker00 - Really neat sportsroof!

to the best of my understanding:

As for the exhausts - - that is correct for a 72 Q code car.

And for the same car - the ram air hood with small plastic blockoff plates mounted just inside the scoops is also correct. There was no under hood ram air pieces installed for that car.

Ray
Yep that is the hood it has.

Did 351 CJ cars come with the NASA hood standard? I think I read that somewhere.
Mmmmm Not sure about that...I know it was an option for no extra charge for mach 1's..Only car i think it was standard was the Boss 351{could be wrong} We all so use too think all 4v mustangs had staggard shocks...Till Jims mustang 4v come along with standard shock set up...Sometimes with these years of ford..It hard to tell the truth..lol..Unless it says it on the paper work and you can prove it.<~`and not saying it did not come with NASA hood..But not on paper work and it was a popular thing to do to fastbacks years down the road...So i would look into it...Plus that fact mite come out on the Eminger report too.

Mmmmm Not sure about that...I know it was an option for no extra charge for mach 1's..Only car i think it was standard was the Boss 351{could be wrong} We all so use too think all 4v mustangs had staggard shocks...Till Jims mustang 4v come along with standard shock set up...Sometimes with these years of ford..It hard to tell the truth..lol..Unless it says it on the paper work and you can prove it.<~`and not saying it did not come with NASA hood..But not on paper work and it was a popular thing to do to fastbacks years down the road...So i would look into it...Plus that fact mite come out on the Eminger report too.
+1

From what I understand, the Ram air hood was a no cost option on the 302-2V Mach and standard on the 351-2V and up. In other words, if you ordered a 302-2v Mach, you had a choice between the standard hood and what Ford calls "HOOD, NASA TYPE" as a no cost option. For all other engine-equipped Mach's for 72 you received the NASA TYPE HOOD as standard equipment.

Ray

From what I understand, the Ram air hood was a no cost option on the 302-2V Mach and standard on the 351-2V and up. In other words, if you ordered a 302-2v Mach, you had a choice between the standard hood and what Ford calls "HOOD, NASA TYPE" as a no cost option. For all other engine-equipped Mach's for 72 you received the NASA TYPE HOOD as standard equipment.

Ray
While that sounds correct, my car isn't a Mach 1. So who knows? The hood that was on the car when I bought it (has a repro. now) definitely seemed to have the original paint on it, but it may just have come from another Bright Red car.

I'm digging into finding the dealership, and hopefully, some old photos.

Ray
While that sounds correct, my car isn't a Mach 1. So who knows? The hood that was on the car when I bought it (has a repro. now) definitely seemed to have the original paint on it, but it may just have come from another Bright Red car.

I'm digging into finding the dealership, and hopefully, some old photos.
Oops sorry - I got lazy and forgot about your car being a sportsroof. I remember now. Your car was a very well optioned performance Mustang. Best of luck on locating pics from the dealership. I learned - just keep digging. If you are fortunatel enough to talk or communicate with someone there - see if they might have an old key fob, pen, pencil, tag frame, dealer sticker/tag just layin around! I have been pretty lucky.

Ray

Ray

Impressive Marti report! It's nice to know how your car was equipped when new. It will interesting to find out how many Sportsroof's had the white vinyl top.

Back