I want to offer polishing servies thoughts?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

73nancy

Reaction score
My Car
1973 mach 1 mustang
1968 ford f100
1971 honda cb750
hey guys,

I do metal polishing on the side besides my day job. Most of the stuff i do is for vintage motorcycles at the moment. But i was thinking lately that i could offer you guys the same as well. I'm set up to sand and polish moldings as well as other metals like aluminum. I wanted to hear some of your guys thoughts on if this would be something some of you guys would be interested in. At the moment I wouldn't know a price per piece. thanks ryan

ps. if this thread is in the wrong area I'm sorry and the mods can move it if need be.

The problem as I see it is most decent body shops can do the same and there are no shipping costs. My body guy charges $7/foot to polish chrome or anodized trim. Good luck though, if it's worth your time and shipping isn't a killer, you might have found a niche.

Sounds like a nice "niche" service but what I see being the primary obstacle to making it "profitable but still offering an affordable service" is the appropriate packaging and shipping "both ways" of long fragile (valuable) trim pieces. You may be able to come up with a affordable shipping process to avoid them being damaged, but will the guy on the street sending the pieces to you get it right? Good luck, you might be on to something there.

Jim

I'm sure a few guys on your coast will want something spiffed up. Please promise you won't polish out any alternators though. I hope it pans out for you.

thanks guys. the shipping is killer for moldings for motorcycle covers I do I offer free return shipping on anything over $300 and its worked out great. shipping moldings can be tricky since they will have to go in a tube. I would like to give it a try though.

Back