7173 mustangs

SPAIN72MUSTANG

well for me its the way i feel when i get in and drive around or go some where, i feel like i could drive all day and night,and i hate driveing my regular cars.lol i just feel good when the spring comes and its time to bring out the mustang and start haveing fun driveing

DRIVE IT LIKE YOU STOLE IT*****KEEP YOUR FOOT ON THE PEDAL

Ron

1972 mustang convertible

2005 mustang convertible

1999 mustang convertible white (sold)

1994 mustang convertible white (sold)

2008 ford edge copper

2006 cadillac cts radaint bronze

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love the stance and when I drove my buddies 72 sprint a few years before I got mine it felt like it rode on rails compared to another buddies 66 square top

2cossj6.png

97 F150: wrecked, 96 Dodge 4x4: blown motor / donated to the base

88 Suburban 4x4 355 cid 8 inch lift: sold, 95 Celica 5 speed : sold

68 F750 391 cid : sold,  96 F350 7.3 diesel dually : sold

86 Chevy 1500 305 cid c1500: sold, 73 Mustang mach 1 466 cid 5 speed : under construction

89 F350 4x4 cummins swap : sold, 64 Dodge d600: gone

00 Excursion: traded, 72 Mustang mach 1 302: scrapped

73 Mustang coupe: scrapped, 73 ranchero gt

06 Honda crf 450x : sold, 04 Honda vtx 1800

88 Bronco xlt lariat: sold, 76 Charger: traded

95 F350 4x4: sold , 91 Crown Victoria 302: sold

02 Dakota: traded, 96 f250 powerstroke: parts truck

87 f700, 98 e350 powerstroke: sold

03 land rover: traded, 95 f350 dually: part out

95 f350 dually: traded, 94 f150 4x4: traded

97 f250: sold, 76 Maverick 302: sold

91 240sx rb25: sold, 86 firebird: sold

86 Trans Am: sold, 88 westernstar: sold

89 dodge d350: sold, 2000 Dakota 4x4: sold  

84 f350 3+3: sold, 90 bronco: partout

67 catalina, 64 chevy c60

64 jeep j200, 74 corvette stingray

79 Lincoln mark V, 2013 f350: goldilocks

I like the fact that around my area,it's about the only one around.I like the compliments I get from men & women alike,the thumbs up and big grins from all the young boys.I like the lime green that gets me noticed & the sound of the 460 coming off the headers that makes me heard.And I think it's cool to have a car that's still on the road even though I was 4 1/2 when it rolled off the assembly line.I like the way I feel driving a 40 year old car that no other new model could duplicate! :D

1_11_01_14_4_00_47.jpeg

460 , Edelbrock Performer carb. + intake , 204 / 214 cam , Pertronix Flamethrower 2 billet dizzy + coil , Crites long tubes , C6 .

during the warm months I use mine like a daily driver, I like the thumbs up I get and just enjoy driving with the top down.

and the complemets at car show's, and the trophies :D

20120818_195023.thumb.jpg.853a78d2c940dca25081ccdd50615c6c.jpg

20120929_144305.thumb.jpg.3215f616f5937d80b0ac0fb8f7a5d54f.jpg

Iyman

1972 Mustang Convertable :run_horse:  [button=http://www.7173mustangs.com/forum-garage?filterxt_uid=1507]Visit My Garage[/button]

Visit the Mustang Car Club of New England Facebook Page [button=https://www.facebook.com/MUSTANGCCNE]MCCNE FB Page[/button]

Visit the Mustang Car Club of New England Web Page [button=http://www.mccne.com/]MCCNE Web Page[/button]

I like the attention they get...But i liked them long before i cared about that..My dad had a Oly sprint when i was 5 years old.....But it is nice pulling up too a stop light and hearing nice car!!...Or hearing girls scream wooooooooooooooooooooooo.!!.when they see it..lol..A red mach 1 "Or most stangs of our year" is defenatly the wrong car for anyone "not" wanting attention..lol

Mine gives me a smile by just walking into the garage and seeing it parked there. Of course the smile gets bigger when I'm driving it.

Mike AKA Ole Pony & Rare Pony
Our current Mustang garage/driveway
1973 Mustang Convert - Bought in 1974 - Still have it!
2004 Mach 1 Oxford White Auto, Bought Sept 06

20180127_082009.jpg

..A red mach 1 "Or most stangs of our year" is defenatly the wrong car for anyone "not" wanting attention..lol

Yeah, now imagine you had a bright yellow one! :)

spacer.png
Mike
"If I were you...... I´d rather be me." 😛
Check out my video:
http://www.7173mustangs.com/thread-my-mustang-in-action

My favorite thing about my car? It has to be that heart skipping moment every time I look at it. That feeling of excitement from just looking at it. Many times over the years I have walked out to it in the evening time, and walked around it running my hand over the body. Sitting in the driver seat and dreaming. That flutter in my stomach when I hear it, feel it, start up.

I don't know how it does it to me, but it does.

[button=http://www.7173mustangs.com/thread-1972-mustang-mach-1]Visit My Garage[/button]

I love the stance and the rumble from the engine. That and from what I read, I like the fact that this particular years Mustangs were considered to be the better handling ones straight out of the factory from the 1st generation group (64.5-73).

Rich

[button=http://www.7173mustangs.com/registry.php?action=view&gid=203]1971 Ford Mustang Mach 1 M-Code C6[/button]

[button=http://angryhorse.daikonmotorsports.com/]Project:Angry Horse Website[/button][button=http://www.7173mustangs.com/thread-1971-ford-mustang-mach-1-m-code-c6]Marti Report[/button]

[button=http://daikonmotorsports.com/category/project-shuriken-journal/]1993 Mazda Miata C (daily driver)[/button]

My favorite thing about my car? It has to be that heart skipping moment every time I look at it. That feeling of excitement from just looking at it. Many times over the years I have walked out to it in the evening time, and walked around it running my hand over the body. Sitting in the driver seat and dreaming. That flutter in my stomach when I hear it, feel it, start up.

I don't know how it does it to me, but it does.

yes, I'm always talking dirty to my mach1, especially when it doesn't start!!!

Image3.png

Jim

Just about everything. I will go out to the garage with a cold 1 sit down in the chair and just look at it.

I would get a lot more work done on mine if I didn't sit down and stare at it every 15 minutes. I love the body lines, I love the deep rumble of a finely tuned 351 Cleveland, I love looking down that long hood. Don't let my wife read this. She'll get jealous.

- Travis

I'm an analog man in a digital world.

I would get a lot more work done on mine if I didn't sit down and stare at it every 15 minutes. I love the body lines, I love the deep rumble of a finely tuned 351 Cleveland, I love looking down that long hood. Don't let my wife read this. She'll get jealous.

I haven't heard mine rumble for 23yrs now, I do miss that sound. I remember driving by the dealers lot one night and they had display lights highlighting the body lines and I knew I had to have it.

-john

(jbojo)

351C 4V cc heads, 10.5 : 1 CR, 290 Herbert cam, Flat top forged pistons, forged connecting rods, Atomic efi,

C6 with Gear Vendor overdrive, 3.89 Tru Trac, Hooker Super Comp with 2 1/2" Pypes Exhaust.        

Some Mod pictures can be seen at: [button=http://www.7173mustangs.com/forum-garage?filterxt_uid=2026]Bojo's Garage[/button]

I didn't realize I like mine as much as I do until I took my 07GT for inspection last wednesday and found out I only put 75 miles on it last year.

Real American Muscle.....Go Navy! Go Mustang!

"The World is a dangerous place.

Not because of the people who are evil;

but because of the people who don’t do anything about it."

Albert Einstein

My garage: Updated 4/15/2012

http://www.7173mustangs.com/thread-1973-mach-1--2612

my first registered car in my name was a used 72 coupe in pewter w/black side stripes and nasa hood. it had rust behind the drivers rear wheel well but other than that it was a fine daily driver. sold it when i went away to college. now i have a 72 vert in wwhite with same interior color. every time i look over my right shoulder at the back seat i remember the days of my youth and the passionate nights with young girls of days long gone. Every time i open the door and smell the vinyl, nylon, aged cardboard...the gasoline, and the exhaust. Every sound from the door handle to the window glass sliding down the velvet tracks to the key sliding into the ignition and the sound of the starter...is EXACTLY as i remember it 30yrs ago...before the all the tests, the places to sign, the responsibilities, the stress, 9/11. my world was simpler then. my world was a lot more fun. My mustang is my time machine.

My car is just plain fun to drive. Mentioned to a fellow camper one year while

driving the mountain roads in Yosemite that the car felt and handled like it was

on a track. He mentioned that is because it was designed to be on a track.

It is the most easily recognizable car that no one has ever seen before, and fast.

I am frequently approached by people wondering about the car and when I open the

hood they act like a deer caught in the headlights. Driving the car is a full time job

needing both eyes, ears, hands and feet. The car has a decent stereo system which

I never use, too distracting. The car is also easy to work on which is a good thing since

it is next to impossible to find a mechanic that knows anything about these cars. I have

spent more time and money restoring the Mustang than any other car I have owned

which speaks for itself.

mike

'71 Grande w/quench M-code, toploader, 3.50 Trak-loc and comp suspension

spacer.png

I love the body style of the 71-73... I have one of the only ones around in my area, so I get a lot of looks when I go for a spin or drive somewhere. I love the history of being in a forty year old car. Its the car I wanted so bad in high school and never could get my hands on one till I was in my mid thrities. Its the most relaxing/stress relief I have. After a real bad day at work nothing puts my mind at ease faster than firing up my Mach 1 and taking a spin down the highway, radio off and just listening to the exshaust.. Very relaxing at least to me.

Travis

1971 Mach1

1972 Mach1

1970 Mach1

1931 Ford Model A coupe

2015 Ford F-150

2010 Fusion

I bleed FORD blue:)

I was driving around the burbs tonight, and this guy jumps out of his car while in his driveway and yells "I have a car just like that." So I stop, and back up to his driveway. He asks me if mine is a 73. I say yes, then he opens up his garage, and right there is another blue 1973 convertible... So there are 2 73 ,verts within a few miles of each other in my town.

cz-75 you can always take another drive and see if he hanging out in front of his house and he is you can chat with him and invite him to look at the site.

DRIVE IT LIKE YOU STOLE IT*****KEEP YOUR FOOT ON THE PEDAL

Ron

1972 mustang convertible

2005 mustang convertible

1999 mustang convertible white (sold)

1994 mustang convertible white (sold)

2008 ford edge copper

2006 cadillac cts radaint bronze