7173 mustangs

SPAIN72MUSTANG

My first car was almost a 71 Mustang with a 351C in it. It was rusty from the Chicago winters and needed a lot of work but my dad test drove it without me (in 1994) for about 10 mins. He came back and said, you are not getting that car. You'll kill yourself. I never forgot that car and eventually got my 72 Coupe off of the original owner.

Fast forward 6 years, triple what I paid for it to include a V8 engine and she's truly a pleasure to drive. I have a 2012 Challenger that's pretty cool and a 70 Mustang that needs work but NOTHING matches the 71-73 series.

The car is spartan. It's classic but it's not over the top. It's a beast. The 289 C Code and dual Flowmaster 40s groan. The steering is tight, the body is solid and the paint scheme is classic 70s.

I love my 72 Mustang - there will never be a better ride.

-Former 70 & 72 Mustang Owner.

-69 Torino GT, Formal Roof, 351W, Edelbrock 600 cfm, Edelbrock 351W Performer RPM intake, headers, AOD trans, dual flowmasters w/H pipe, Pertronix II Billet, 3.5 TRACLOC g/r, 15" Magnum 500s, 100A alt, aluminum radiator, electric fan, Pro-car seats, mini-starter...owned since Dec 13.

-70 Mach 1, 351W, Edelbrock E-Street EFI, VHX instrument cluster, Hooker headers, dual flowmasters, Pertronix II, 15" Magnum 500s, 150A alt, aluminum radiator, dual electric fans, Pro-car seats, mini-starter

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

cz-75 you can always take another drive and see if he hanging out in front of his house and he is you can chat with him and invite him to look at the site.

Yep! I was thinking the same thing

• 2 weeks later...

there is still alot of stories out there,lets here them!

DRIVE IT LIKE YOU STOLE IT*****KEEP YOUR FOOT ON THE PEDAL

Ron

1972 mustang convertible

2005 mustang convertible

1999 mustang convertible white (sold)

1994 mustang convertible white (sold)

2008 ford edge copper

2006 cadillac cts radaint bronze

My favorite thing about my car? It has to be that heart skipping moment every time I look at it. That feeling of excitement from just looking at it. Many times over the years I have walked out to it in the evening time, and walked around it running my hand over the body. Sitting in the driver seat and dreaming. That flutter in my stomach when I hear it, feel it, start up.

I don't know how it does it to me, but it does.

+1,000.

Whenever the project seems to be too much, I just look at it.

-Kurt

satellite-valiant-mustang-license-tags-signature.png

How to buy a '71-73 Mustang:

Rule #1: Assume all classic car sellers are guilty until proven innocent.

Rule #2: No classic car dealer is ever innocent; thus, they are all guilty.

Rule #3: Buy from trustworthy people: Fellow forum members. Visit 7173Mustang's For Sale forum.