Hello

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

72mach1

Reaction score
My Car
1972 Mustang Mach 1
Q Code
4 Speed
Blue
Purchased 1986
Hello everybody.

Just joined the site and it is great to have a place to go for just our year mustangs. My brother and I purchase our 72 Mach 1 in 1986 and it was on the road for only 2 years until I finished college. My brother had left for college in Florida and I bought out his half. I could not afford to keep it on the road so it went up on blocks in my parents back yard and wrapped it up as best I could. There it sat until 2004 when I decided to try and restore it. I brought to my house and it sat under the deck for three years. I could not afford to really do anything to it ( two kids). Then my brother and his wife (no kids) offered to pay for restoration if they could keep the car at there house and use it. I went for it since I had like 15 years until my younger son would be done with college. Sorry for the long story but the car is finally almost done and should be on the road for this summer. I am very excited.

Hello everybody.

Just joined the site and it is great to have a place to go for just our year mustangs. My brother and I purchase our 72 Mach 1 in 1986 and it was on the road for only 2 years until I finished college. My brother had left for college in Florida and I bought out his half. I could not afford to keep it on the road so it went up on blocks in my parents back yard and wrapped it up as best I could. There it sat until 2004 when I decided to try and restore it. I brought to my house and it sat under the deck for three years. I could not afford to really do anything to it ( two kids). Then my brother and his wife (no kids) offered to pay for restoration if they could keep the car at there house and use it. I went for it since I had like 15 years until my younger son would be done with college. Sorry for the long story but the car is finally almost done and should be on the road for this summer. I am very excited.
Welcome from Wa state...Great story and ramble on as much as you want here ;) Post some pics when you can...We like to see them in all stages.

Welcome to the site! Great story and sounds like a good deal for you that your brother is paying for the resto.

Thanks! I tried to post a picture but I could not get it to work using that tiny pic plugin.

It is a good deal, it would have sat a long time otherwise. I can use it at least this way, we only live a half hour apart. I will buy the car back down the road when I can afford it. He will probably use the money to but another mustang. And any help on figuring out the picture thing would be appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:
::welcome:: from Luxembourg, Europe.

It´s nice to read that your brother still cares for the car. That way it will be restored and it will stay in the family.

Picture0419131308_1.jpgHere is a picture of the car in progress. I will post more pictures when we get it back.

IMG_8899.jpg

Here is a picture of my Mercury in the Memorial Day parade last year if anyone is interested.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice mercury!!!! Welcome from Ohio! Great story about saving this pony for a good restoration! Post lots of pics of your progress

Welcome from Chesapeake VA

Welcome from Ohio! My Mach 1 was originally my brother's car as well. He went into the Air Force and the car ended up in my Dad's garage for years. I bought the car from him many years ago with the intent of restoring it but like you I had a couple of kids along the way and priorities were changed. I just picked mine up last week from the paint shop so after many years I eventually got it done. Good luck on your project and give us some details about your car (color, options, etc). By the way - nice Merc!!

Thanks everybody the Merc is a great car to cruise in. I found it in 05 when out looking for a possible donor parts car for the mustang. I couldn't pass it up for $2500 dollars. My mustang was and will be blue with black stripes. As far as options I don't think it had many, no fold down rear seat, ac, or ram air. It originally had hub caps, and no stripes. It is a four speed and has a Mach 1 interior. As far as pictures I have to see what I can get from the garage where the car is being restored. I think they took a bunch. But I will definitely take a bunch when we pick up the car, which should be in the next two weeks or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back