The Mach 1 is Done

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1973 Q code Mach 1 blue glow C6 auto
1973 Q code Mach 1 blue glow, 4 speed
1973 H code Convertible ivy glow, FMX
I drove my Mach 1 home from the shop last Wednesday. It looks great - still have some tuning to do on the engine though. It's nice to have it back in the garage after a 2 year absence.

x5b1o7.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I drove my Mach 1 home from the shop last Wednesday. It looks great - still have some tuning to do on the engine though. It's nice to have it back in the garage after a 2 year absence.

x5b1o7.jpg
Nice looking car, congrats. I like the stance.

-jbojo

Congratulations! Job well done! Now, enjoy it!

Yeah, that looks really good!

Driving a newly completed car for the first time after a long break is one of the coolest things there is. Congrats!

Absolutely beautiful! Is that color blue glow?
Thanks to everyone for your nice comments! I can't put into words what it's like having this car "alive" again, to open the door and see all the interior lights come one, to put the key in the ignition and hear the key in warning buzzer again, to hear my console clock ticking away and keeping accurate time - wonderful feeling. This car has been sitting in various garages for nearly 30 years in a dead state with an old 351W 2V Torino engine installed. The original 351C 4V was stuffed in a corner of my Dad's garage. It had been removed in 1980 because of a backfiring problem. Now the car has it's original engine all rebuilt and re-installed, transmission rebuilt, all new suspension components front and rear. I did the suspension work myself. I removed the old engine and installed the original back in myself but had a friend who has his own engine shop rebuild it for me. I also removed and replaced the C6 myself but had a good transmission shop freshen that up. I am very pleased with the paint and body work I waited two years for. I just opened the trunk this morning and found that they had stripped and painted that as well (it was not on the to-do list and not on the bill)! Now it's time to get the stickers and labels back on and enjoy it.

Don - to answer your question, yes this is the original Blue Glow paint option for 1973 (code 3K) for my car. My photo above was taken in the shade and makes it look darker than it really is. Here is the paint chip from the 1973 Ford paint chart for Blue Glow next to the paint on my car. It's pretty close.

2581754.jpg

Congrats man, I bet that makes ya feel like passing out cigars.:p

Back