Car is out for Paint!! **PIC UPDATE**

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1972 Mustang Convertable
302 v2 FMX 2.79 rear end
I dropped the car off at the paint shop yesterday, I should be done by the end of next week.

they are painting the whole back half of the car, inside and out.

scince the paint on the rest of the car is less then a year old (11 months old), he said they should not a color match issue.

Now I just have to scrub the top to make it white agian!! its only 5 yrs old.

PAINT1.JPG

PAINT2.JPG

PAINT3.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
I need to do that to my fender and hood...I hope it comes out great..I know with that electronic eye they can get the paint to match perfictly, even with sun fading...One good thing we get for all this tech;)

Cool Iyman,

Whats the latest on the new garage project?

Eric

Cool Iyman,

Whats the latest on the new garage project?

Eric
I just spent the money on the car :D ... LOL

I'm still working on diffrent plans, I don't have the $$ for a garage right now, but I think I will inclose the 12x20 area as a car port (alittle larger then the town will aprove).. Ohh well, and inclose it with Vinyl fencing.

there is a house near my parents that did this and it looks very nice.

I have too see how the funding looks before fall time.

it will look likt this but single car

carport Idea1.JPG

**UPDATE**

the car is done, I picked it up this afternoon, now that was a suprize phone call I got!!.

Drop off Friday, pickup Tuesday!!

I'll post some pics tomorrow as soon as the weather outside dries up.

It looks really good, only one small issue which was my fault I wasn't clear on what I said. (Per my wife which was with me)

when they painted the quater extentions and the quater light bezels, they also painted the tail light housing the same as the body color, I did say take them off before painting it, and they did they took them off and then painted them... Ohh well

its an easy fix, but it does look good the body color, and the housings are new so the paint shines.

as soon as I get home from work I plan to paint the trunk floor with the Spatter paint, and start installing all of the chrome and weather stripping.

all of the body work was done by me, what they did was sand and Prime Saturday, they applied sealer Monday, and painted Tuesday, I picked up Wendesday, way ahead of schedule!!.. thats fine with me :)

Back