Hello from the Detroit 'burbs

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
My Car
1971 J Code Mach 1
1972 H Code Mach 1
I'm glad I found this place!

I'm on my 5th '71-'73, and hopefully have finally found one that's worth hanging onto. It's a two-owner '72 Mach, pretty nicely optioned, but definitely a project.

Plans would be a healthy 4V Cleveland, swap to a manual trans and get it looking good.

Hope that you guys are ready for the questions!

-Matt

Welcome from West Texas! Yours looks a lot like mine did when I got it to the shop (missing a headlight, sunburned paint, overall "old-looking") - Good luck with it! I hope yours has survived better than mine - the DSO Code on mine was for Lansing.

Thanks for the welcomes!

As far as documentation and Marti reports go, I have the original window sticker so I received some good documentation there...

Past history with these cars? My first car was a 71 M-code 4-speed Sportsroof which unfortunately I wrecked shortly after I got my license in 1990 or so. The next was a 73 Sportsroof about 10 years later (not sure if it was a Mach or not) that I rescued from a friend, but it was butchered and rusty (NJ car) so I let it go. The most recent two were from here in MI, a 71 M-code Mach that was really nicely equipped and complete (AC, Comp. suspension, 4-speed, Deluxe Interior, guages etc.) but was more rusty than I've ever seen. Around the windsheild, door pillars, everywhere. I think it must have been in a flood... I traded it for a 64 Galaxie... I recently just sold a 72 sportsroof to make way for this latest Mach 1. The Sportsroof was rusty and half parted out when I got it, but it drove away and generated some $$ so not all bad...

Welcome from virginia, hope you have better luck with your current project as far as rust is concerned. You live in a rough area for old cars prone to rust :(

Welcome neighbor..

Where abouts do you live? Im in Superior twp, between Canton and Ann Arbor..

post some pics!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back