Calling all military & vets

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Don65Stang

Reaction score
My Car
Several.
Wondering who all is currently or has served.

Make a post and tell what branch and any other info you'd like to share. I'll go first.

US Army. Nuclear, biological & chemical grunt.

Served at Ft. Drum, NY (the frozen chosen); the Panama Canal Zone (welcome to the jungle); and Westpoint Military Academy (future intelligence duty).

10thMntDivPatch.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
20 years Active Army, 12 of those year overseas, Chief Warrant Officer, had a job specialty that it's best I not post on an open site, I ruined a lot of bad guys' days.

19 Years so far US Army Electronics Maintenance probably gonna hang out a few more years before I retire if the body can keep it up. Career Manager right now counting the days until I can return to the real Army(FORSCOM).

Been alot of places Hood, Miesau, Redstone, Drum, Riley, Lee, Iraq, Sill, Campbell, Irwin.

30 years Air Force. Last 10 years as a Chief Master Sergeant.

Over 20 of those years were spent in Asia: Vietnam, Thailand, Korea, Philippines and Taiwan.

I had several assignments to Combat Communications and Intelligence units to include assignments with and/or in support of the National Security Agency.

Eighty percent CRSC disabled - unemployable.

BT

US Air Force, Active-Duty 1986-1996 as a 49151 (3C051) Communications/Computer Systems Operator.

Been to Lackland AFB, Keesler AFB, Holloman AFB, Izmir Air Station Turkey, and Goodfellow AFB. Separated in Oct '96, holding the position of Wing COMPUSEC Manager as an E-4 "Buck" Sergeant.

Did just shy of 25 years in the Marine Corps as an admin guy and retired as a Chief Warrant Officer 4. Stationed mostly on the east coast and Asia. Started and ended my service at Parris Island and luckily landed a federal job there. I had lots of good and some bad times, but have no regrets. Thank you all for your service to our country!

I had several assignments to Combat Communications and Intelligence units to include assignments with and/or in support of the National Security Agency.

BT
Been to Goodfellow?
Yes, while assigned to NSA (1986-1989), I made a couple of TDYs to Goodfellow to provide "guidance."

BT

13+ years active duty Army in unique assignments.

Been stationed:

Fort Bragg, NC

Quantico, VA (USMC base)

Fort Bragg, NC

Fort Benning, GA

Fort Bragg, NC

I'll PCS to Quantico, VA (USMC base) in a month

8 deployments, 3.5 yrs overseas to AFG or Iraq exclusively...no Germany or Korea tours.

RLTW,

KR

Yes, while assigned to NSA (1986-1989), I made a couple of TDYs to Goodfellow to provide "guidance."

BT

Cool that just so happens to be where me and mister 4x4 are working on our cars.

Air Force Security Forces. 20 years and 2 days. Stationed at Hickam AFB (Oahu Hawaii), Osan AFB Korea, Kirkuk Air Base (Iraq), Saudi Arabia, Moffett Federal Air Field (Mountain Vuew Calif.).

And now? RETIRED as of 1 Feb 2013.

I'm active duty Army, been in 4 years. I'm a wheeled vehicle mechanic.

Was in Germany for 2 years, then Ft. Campbell KY for a year, then I deployed here to Afghanistan.

This is my first deployment, and I was attached to a route clearance company. My particular platoon is in responsible for the security for a very large area all around the FOB.

Did 4 years in the Navy as a structural mechanic on EA-6B's. Made 2 Med Cruises on the USS Einsenhower. One in 1988 and one in 1990 and spent a little time in Desert Storm in the Red Sea. My duty station was NAS Whidbey Island, Washington. My ship was out of Norfolk, Va. Had a great time and wouldn't trade my experiences for anything.

27 years US Coast Guard and still going.

12 years: Avionics Electrical Tech

HH3F Avionicsman

HH65A Flight Mechanic

15 years

Recruiting Command

30 years Air Force. Last 10 years as a Chief Master Sergeant.

Over 20 of those years were spent in Asia: Vietnam, Thailand, Korea, Philippines and Taiwan.

Eighty percent CRSC disabled - unemployable.

BT
i bow down to you!!!

Over 9 years now in the Air Force!

been stationed at Hill AFB, Osan Korea, and now Beale AFB. my first 5 years here was a maintainers and now i'm an instructor.

been deployed 6 times overseas. and next friday i'm re-upping for another 5 years.

Last edited:
Back